Growth

Hey guys! I'm going to try something new and change the point of view. Just a little experiment so I'll need feedback! Also; my comma key isn't working so Ill be using ;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The train ride did a number your back and you felt as if you could barely walk. A little ways ahead; the two boys you had been practically forced to tag along with were walking perfectly fine. Edward seemed to be studying a guideline from Roy; however it looked more like he was about to burn it instead rather than take into account the contents of it. Questions started to pile up; which weren't really relevant to the trip; but regardless they split into the silence. "How do you guys travel like this all the time?" Your words struck them as a surprise. Alphonse glanced to Edward as if to pull off the main characters looking at each other at a certain time cliche; but Edward didn't catch. He looked back to you awkwardly. "I've gotten used to it." He mumbled; his attention drawn to his brothers sudden slight distress. Oh Alphonse.

Gee; thanks for the thorough explanation. You thought as you straightened your back; only for it to pop a few times and sound... kind of bad. "I'm guessing you don't travel much?" Al squeaked quietly. He still felt a little disappointed about the failed cliche. You shook your head slightly and they turned their attention back to the road. What seemed to be a busy city turned into a bare wasteland in mere seconds of walking. Up in the distance you could see a small village that you three seemed to be headed for.

"I thought the trouble was inside East City? Not a small village on the outskirts." You inquired out loud.

"I'm kind of looking for someone. The letters i received spoke of that person residing in the village; so I took advantage." It was Edward whoa answered.

Pretty vague answer if you ask me.. You thought.

"In other words; He's procrastinating and putting his own interests before his work." Al butted into the conversation. Edward grunted and whipped his head towards his brother. "You calling me lazy?!" He hissed; suddenly offended.

I could go into detail about their fight but that'd be a lot of unnecessary writing. :)

After their little skirmish; they had arrived at the village around sunset. It was a quaint little town with; what it looked like; fun looking shops and interesting people. Although things around you seemed pretty interesting to try out; the people were a different story. They slugged around with half-dead expressions on their faces and it looked like a plague had just gone through. Not really though everyone just looked cranky and acted like it too. You walked up to someone and tried to get information on a Inn and they glared at you.

"You guys are with the state aren't ya'?" An old man hissed. At this the other villagers turned halfway; some to stare and some to deliver more dirty looks.

"I..." You deemed it unwise to tell them the truth. That sounded worse in your head to lie than it seemed... "We aren't.." You muttered as Edward pushed his pocket watch deeper into the depths of his pocket. You pushed yours down as well. The old man calmed a little; so did the others.

"Good!" His voice cracked many times just saying that one word. "If ya were id have ta' kick ya out!" He moved his arms in a way that anyone standing to close would get hit.

"May I ask why?" Al spoke up; his unusually soft voice echoing slightly in the armor.

"Them state alchemist's aint nothin' but trouble for this town! Extort out hard earned money and they dun even work or live here!" The old mans lazy eye turned out awkwardly towards Ed; one still staring at you. You smiled nervously and let out an awkward huff. "Mind showin'

us the inn?"

The old man nodded and said no more as he walked with a slight limp and a cane. Edward leaned over; "I know some state alchemists are jerks but I didn't think the jerks were so common.." You gave Ed a look and knew he was half joking. "Of course they're common!" You whisper/yelled.

The inn was just a little ways off now and the silence was a killer. However; it was more of a killer to the brothers than you. You were softly staring at Edward from an angle that seemed to capture all of his facial perfections. In your mind; a guilty vision lingered of Edward suddenly kissing you in the middle of nowhere and confessing his love for you. Of course; back to reality that wasn't the case. To your luck Alphonse didn't seem to notice; more to your luck; Neither did Edward. You opened your mouth to start a small conversation with the blond haired boy but were rudely interrupted.

"'Ere it is!" The old man croaked. He turned to us and smiled warmly. 'I appreciate the kind smile but please put your.. so called teeth.. back inside your mouth.' You so rudely thought. Why not? He did interrupt your attempt to speak to Ed. Although you had many other chances.

You thought again about how strongly these feeling slammed you in the face. Why did they come on so fast? Maybe it wasn't meant to be? Many 'what if' questions popped up and you decided to wait a little bit and try and exploit his true colors. I mean; wouldn't anyone who had a crush on someone explore everything about them to see if they would still like them? Quit lying to yourself.

You three walked in with you in the back of course. Edward played it off as just a traveler and seemingly paid for two rooms. He walked back and joined you and Alphonse at a table and looked pale. "You alright?" You spoke up to him. He slowly looked up nervously. "I could only afford... one room." At first you didn't think much of it; but then it hit you. Alone in a room two guys! Your eyes widened. Fortunately; you were a fast thinker and problem solver. Liar. "Okay; here's the deal. When its time for bed; I'm going in first and then ill tell you when its okay to come back in." You spoke calmly but Edward and Al seemed nervous still.

They both nodded and calmed down after they had got dinner. You got up from your chair and headed to the room with the only key. IT was a fairly nice inn; nicely cleaned and decent rooms. To make it worse there were only two small beds. You let out a sigh; "Guess those brothers will be sharing a bed tonight." You opened your small bag and anxiously got dressed into your pajamas. You then set up the bed to your specifications.

Finally everyone was situated comfortably; at least you were. Al slept on the floor and you felt kind of bad; but there was no way you were sharing a bed with any boy. Ed turned off the lamp and turned towards the wall. "Goodnight Alphonse; (/Your name\)." You smiled slightly; you loved the sound of his voice telling you goodnight. "Goodnight you guys." You responded quietly. Your eyes closed quickly and sleep then followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOLY CRAP ITS FINALLY OUT! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!