CH 3: First Day Trails

The class erupted with a mix of astonishment and protest at the announcement of a quirk assessment test on their first day at UA.

"But... but orientation!" The brunette girl's voice wavered with concern, voicing the thoughts of many.

Yet, Aizawa stood resolute, his back turned to the students as he faced the sprawling courtyard. His demeanor exuded an unwavering determination, and his words cut through the commotion like a blade. "If you want to make it to the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies."

The impact of his statement hit the class like a shockwave, leaving many stupefied by the sudden change of plans. However, amid the sea of wide eyes and stunned expressions, there were a few who held their ground, their composure unyielding. Shoto and Kosuke were among those few, their eyes locked on their teacher, unwavering in their resolve.

Kosuke's eyes sparkled with anticipation as Aizawa's unorthodox approach to the first day sank in. He couldn't help but admire the teacher's boldness in deviating from the norm. This unexpected twist presented an exhilarating challenge, a chance to prove their mettle from the very start. While Kosuke welcomed the opportunity to get ahead, he understood the disappointment and uncertainty felt by others. Missing out on the orientation meant forgoing a chance to ease into the new environment and bond with fellow students.

Aizawa's words echoed through the courtyard, cutting through the air like a sharp blade. "Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions. That means I get to run my class however I see fit." His gaze now fixed on the students, the teacher's unwavering demeanor only intensified their shock. The gasps of surprise were almost palpable as they reverberated through the space.

"Glad I took the time to memorize the place's layout." Kosuke thought as he observed the worried looks of his surrounding peers. 

"You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives, but you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before." His words held a tinge of indignation, as if he had long been disillusioned with the system. "The country is still trying to pretend that we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power flourish. It's not rational. One day, the Ministry of Education will learn."

Aizawa's gaze shifted to the spiked blonde, finally revealing the name of the kid who had nearly blown a gasket earlier.

"Bakugou, you managed to get the most points in the entrance exam," Aizawa stated calmly, his eyes piercing through the explosive teenager. Bakugou looked up at Aizawa, mouth slightly agape, caught off guard by the attention.

"What was your farthest distance thrown with a softball when you were in junior high?" Aizawa inquired, his expression revealing nothing.

"So he was the one who came in first. I wonder what his quirk is... maybe it's something that matches his abrasiveness?"

"67 meters, I think," came his response in a surprisingly calm tone – a sharp contrast to his earlier outbursts.

Aizawa nodded, seemingly satisfied with the answer. "Right, now try doing it with your quirk," he instructed, tossing the ball toward Bakugou.

The explosive teenager deftly caught the ball, his focus now locked on the task at hand. He was directed towards one of two large white circles drawn in the tan dirt, marking the landing zones. The class watched in anticipation, eager to witness Bakugou's quirk in action.

"Anything goes; just stay in the circle," Aizawa reiterated firmly, standing off to the side between the two drawn circles. His tired eyes bore into Bakugou with impatience, urging him to get on with the demonstration. The rest of the class watched with bated breath, eager to witness the explosive display.