CH-1: THE BLACK

"Reports of seismic activity confirmed to be breaches erupting across Central Australia. Gateways from a hellscape. You've seen them, friends. Titanic monsters, known the world over as Kaiju. Our only defence? Homebuilt monsters of our own: Jaegers. Cities across Australia continue to fall, as do our Jaegers. With the death toll climbing, the PPDC's Marshal Rask has now given the order..."

"Evacuate."

"Everyone on the continent has five days to reach the following cities: Brisbane, Darwin, Perth, or Sydney. If we don't get there, no one will come for us. No one will save us."

"God be with us all..."

~*~*~

Large seismic breaches have erupted across Central Australia, leading to a mass-Kaiju invasion, as a result of the Uprising War, leading to the entire continent to fall to the massive beasts. All citizens are given the order to evacuate and must reach Brisbane, Darwin, Perth, or Sydney in five days to be rescued. Some of the smaller cities have fallen to the Kaiju, with civilians trying to get to the cities along the Eastern coastline.

In one of the evacuating cities, Meridian, a small team of Jaegers fight to protect the civilians as they evacuate. The Mark-5 Jaeger Striker Berserker engages in a fight with a Category-3 AcidQuill Kaiju outside the PPDC main building, the battle ending when Striker stabs the Kaiju in the head with a stinger-blade. Meanwhile, Mark-5 Jaeger, Hunter Vertigo is on personal business, the two pilots Ford and Brina Travis, are trying to help their two kids escape, along with a group of humans being moved on a Pan Pacific Defense Corps vehicle. As they do so, another Jaeger, the Mark-6 Marauder Zeus, looks to reduce as many Kaiju as possible to get as many civilians out as they can. Hunter Vertigo finds the transport vehicle that has their kids onboard, just as a Category-4 Kaiju codenamed Bone Spur attacks it. Ford and Brina fight it off, but just barely survive the encounter, utilising Hunter Vertigo's two shoulder mounted Cryo Cannons, freezing the Kaiju to the point of shattering their bodies. Hunter Vertigo attempts to move the bus, but were attacked by an AcidQuill. Marauder Zeus saves them, but this left him vulnerable to another AcidQuill, attacking it and the Jaeger is destroyed. Their sacrifice allows Hunter Vertigo to escape from the city, heading to Shadow Basin. But Australia's satellite array falls from the sky, signalling the initiation of "The Black".

Up in Queensland, in one city known as Emerald, some Kaiju have been bombarding the city, people still in the city and trying to get away with whatever they have

Up in Queensland, in one city known as Emerald, some Kaiju have been bombarding the city, people still in the city and trying to get away with whatever they have. Kaiju of Category 3 and Category 4 have caused major damage and destruction to the city around it. Some of the Jaegers like Mark-4 Chaos Nemesis and Chronos Berserker, as well as Vanguard Horizon, before they were called back by the PPDC or have been ambushed and attacked by the Kaiju.