Chapter Eleven

"Hi! Welcome, and congratulations on making it this far! What's this? Looks like you're quite taken with the dollhouse, [Y/N]," Cathy's voice echoed in the room. Her taunting voice filled you with rage, she knew what she was doing.

The house was a perfect replica of where it happened, and where you still lived months after the event, even though it completely screwed with your mental health. Your parents refused to move, despite all your begging. They said staying would help you face your trauma and get over it, but it did did the exact opposite. The dolls in the house resembled younger you, and your parents. Something shiny caught your eye. It was on your bedside table in your room.

"You bitch..." You muttered under your breath. Either she heard you or she knew you would retort because she soon continued, "[Y/N], be a good girl, okay? If you keep acting so violent, you'll never get out of here!" You wanted to insult her but the sound of the door you walked in through slamming shut cut you off.

"I'm going to have one of you be the navigator, while the other acts as the worker. One of you will solve the riddle, and the other will do as they say. Easy, right?" Before you even had the chance to ask the obvious question, she continued her little explanation.

"Now, unless you are as dumb or dumber than Zack, you've noticed that I've only explained two roles, but there are three of you!" She followed with her signature laugh, which sent chills down your spine. Something told you that the third person was not going to have a role, but something worse.

Zack stepped forward, closer to the TV broadcasting Cathy's face, as if that would intimidate her, "And who's the one without a role, huh?" As much as you wondered the same, you didn't want her to answer. You didn't want the three of you to be separated, that would only complicate getting out of here.

Well, you assumed the third person was going to leave the room since there was only two stations, navigator and worker, with a gate that would no doubt soon close to keep apart the two participants, and the room had fours doors. The one you came in through, two others to undoubtedly go to the next room, and a mysterious fourth one that was different than the others. While the first three doors matched the dull gray colour of the walls, the fourth one was black, and seemed even more impossible to break through.

"The one without a role is [Y/N], of course!"

Zack and Rachel both turned to look at you, and you felt like your feet were stuck to the floor. You didn't want to be scared of Cathy, but you dreaded what was waiting for you beyond the black door, which just suddenly opened, allowing you to see the long, dark hallway that it had been hiding seconds prior.

"Now, that door leads to a super fun room! But only [Y/N] is allowed to go through, m'kay? I'd hate to cut the fun early and have to judge you before I intended to. So, no cheating!" Her giggle followed suit. Your feet seemed to finally let you move, and before you walked through the door, you turned to your friends, "I'll be fine, I promise," You lied. In truth, you didn't know if you were going to be fine. So you gave them a soft smile before turning and advancing into the hallway, hearing the door slamming shut behind you, leaving you in complete darkness.

—————————

Zack helplessly watched as the door closed behind you, hearing all the locks come into place. He was too busy staring at the door to notice Rachel walking across the room. "I'll go this way. You can stay there," She said as she positioned herself onto the navigator carpet. Zack snapped out of his daze to glance at her, then back at himself, noticing he was next to the dollhouse.

"All right, let's begin the game. Your time is up the moment you die. Start!" As soon as the last word left her mouth, the top left drawer in front of Rachel opened. She reached inside and pulled out a sheet of paper with a math problem on it. She solved the problems which gave her the value of three letters: P, L & W. She looked down at the book on the desk. "Page, line, word..." She muttered to herself.