Chapter 5

Madelyn's POV

"What's up girlfriend." I scoffed at the voice greeting me as I entered my apartment. "I saw that you got out of a hot dude's car."

I turned around and gave my roommate a sarcastic smile. "Hi Luna, he's just a friend from work."

"Mhmm," She nodded, giving me an unconvinced look. "Doesn't look like he wants to be 'just a friend' though." This woman is literally crazy, she should just continue writing her books.

"First of all, he was in his car so you saw nothing. Second, why were you stalking me?" I crossed my arms after hanging my coat next to the door.

"I wasn't stalking you." She copied my body language, crossing her arms in front of her chest, teasing me. I swear to god, I love this girl but she's so annoying sometimes. "You didn't drive today so I knew you took the metro, but it's taking you forever to get home so I was waiting for you while sitting on the balcony. And I just happened to see a black car pull up and you coming out of it." She shrugged. "Not before talking to that hot guy for a while." She smirked making me groan. Nothing goes pass her eyes.

"Luna, honestly." I sighed, I'm too tired to deal with this. "I promise he's just a friend."

"Fine. Then maybe you should consider him as a potential love interest." My eyes widened at what she said, this woman is crazy! That's why her books sell well, the author brings them into this delusional universe that never been through, so they find it so interesting that they all want to read it.

But the truth is, Luna here is a very exceptional writer. She deserves all the hype and praise for her stories.

"Luna!" I whisper shouted. Why am I even doing that in my own apartment though? "That's going to be scandalous."

She cocked up her brow, wanting me to continue. "Why? Medical staff date each other all the time."

I rolled my eyes at her, more to myself, I shouldn't have told her that to be honest. "Look, he's the chief of general surgery."

Her eyes widened, hand covering her mouth. "Jayden Emerson?"

I frowned. "You know him or something?"

"Of course, he's so hot though." My brows furrowed staring at this delusional human being, so she's fan girling over a surgeon now? How interesting.

"You should probably get surgery so he could be the main surgeon performing it for you." I joked, taking my shoes off and replacing them with a pair of house slippers, walking inside the apartment.

"That is such a great idea." I rolled my eyes again, a smile plastering on my face as I grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down. I didn't even realize how thirsty I've been all this time. "Do you know when Julia will come back?"

"Her shift ends around 8, so maybe 9?" I answered.

"Great! I was planning to cook some dinner for all of us." I turned to her in utter delight. Luna's a great cook, so we always love it when she cooks for the three of us.

"Really?" I asked, smiling. "What are you planning to make?"

"Hmmm." She acted like she was thinking for a long time as I rolled my eyes. "I was planning to make Thai food, what would you like? Tom Yum? Green curry?"

"Of course, you know me so well." I giggled. "Add fried rice and mango sticky rice to it."

She raised her brows, staring right into my eyes. "Are you serious?" I nodded, grinning at her. "Fine, you're cooking next time though."