Craving Love: A Heart's Unspoken Longing

In front of others, she'd smile bright,Laugh with them, keep her own fights,Never burdened you with her pain,Yet, inside her, a longing did reign.

From loved ones, she needed much,But the silence was her only crutch,Strong in your eyes, the world so cold,Her true self, she did tightly hold.

And you claim to know her more than she?Partially right, but not fully see,For even she didn't know her all,Her deepest fears, the tears that fall.

If you had cared, if you'd perceived,Her yearnings, she'd have believed,In every one, she put her trust,But longed for one, in whom she'd lust.

A special someone she did seek,A friend, a family, or a foe unique,Just someone who'd truly comprehend,The love she craved, her heart to mend.

From her childhood's start, she was denied,A family's love, a friend's beside,In fear, she'd lose them all again,Including you, her deepest pain.

Yet, she desired you by her side,But fear's grip, she couldn't hide,Hold and console her aching heart,To prove she's not bad, but torn apart.

Earn her trust, her belief in you,A love so pure, so deep and true,Console her soul, mend her core,And she'll be with you, forevermore.She needs the love she's never known,Like she loves you, but it's not shown,For fear whispers, "They'll leave you too,"Yet love could make her dreams come true.