Prologue

There are always consequences for every action you do, no matter how rich or poor you are, no matter how guilty or innocent you are, it always happens

"Your drink, young miss" The waiter spoke to the girl who was sitting all on her own in the corner of the Brasserie.

She took the glass from the waiter, and gave a small nod in acknowledgement.

The man walked away and she was left on her own again, she looked down in her hands, below the table, and let out a sigh. There were only a couple thousand mora in that wallet.

"Do these people fail to pay their employees..?" Y/n mumbled to her breath, wondering if the owner of the Brasserie is stingy with their pay, or the waiter doesn't know how to save mora.

She clicked her tongue then stood up, taking in the sight of overworlders laughing together and enjoying their happy hour.

She let out a deep sigh, turning around and walking out of the Brasserie, "How disgusting.."

The night sky outside was lit up by stars and the city lights of Fontaine's city. It was an amusing sight, one that she had started seeing just lately. Her eyes slightly teared up at the beautiful sky, but she immediately wiped away anything that was daring to spill out.

Y/n looked down at the wallet in her hand. It wasn't that much of a find, and neither did the wallet look nice. She took out the mora from it and threw it in the trashbin, along with everything else that was in it.

As she walked alone on the busy streets of the city at night, the young girl felt her heart heavy and her eyes damp. The lights and the people around her blurred as she slowly started feeling light headed, yet she still pushed through the crowd.

She wished she had someone to talk to, someone to share her burdens with, but she was all alone in this unforgiving world.

She couldn't help but wonder if she was destined to be lonely forever, like a flickering candle in an endless ocean of darkness.

Y/n had accidentally bumped into someone and kept walking as if nothing had happened. "I'm sorry," she mumbled, not turning back to see if the person was okay. She was so zoned out, that she barely noticed the other person.

Suddenly, she felt a hand grabbing onto her wrist, pulling her into a deep and empty alley.

Her heart raced as she turned to face the stranger, ready to fight, but as she looked up at the person in front of her, her heart skipped a beat.

It was a boy, about her age, and he had a small smile on his face. He pulled the wallet out of her hands that were frozen in shock.

"So this is who you are, huh?" he said, his voice soft and sweet. But before Y/n had a chance to answer, he continued, "You thought I wouldn't notice that you stole my wallet, didn't you?" His voice had a playful tone to it, and his smile only grew wider.

Y/n didn't know what to say, she only managed to utter a faint, "I'm- I'm sorry."

His voice was soft and warm as he looked at her, a hint of amusement in his eyes as he continued to hold onto her wrist. "What were you thinking?" he asked, his voice still gentle. "Were you thinking you'd get away with it? Or were you just too desperate to think straight?"

She hung her head in shame, feeling her cheeks turn red as she didn't know how to respond. When she didn't answer, the boy released her wrist, but instead of anger or frustration, he simply smiled at her.

"It's okay," he said, his voice reassuring. "I understand. However, don't do it again." Y/n was taken aback by his kindness, but still found it hard to meet his eyes as she felt hypnotized by him.

"There's no need to be nervous," he said, a faint blush spreading across his cheeks as he leaned forward to whisper in her ear. "You see, I'm actually quite impressed by your thievery skills. In fact, I think I'd like to teach you a trick or two if you're so good with your fingers"

Y/n was taken aback by his words, but before she could respond, the boy let go of her wrist and turned around to walk away. "Think about it," he called out to her, a mischievous smile on his face. "And if you decide to keep my wallet, I won't mind."

She watched as the boy disappeared into the crowd, her heart racing as she tried to make sense of what had just happened.

Note: This was written in 3

Note: This was written in 3.8 and all the information I had about Fontaine was from CatWithBlueHat analyzation videos. I'll be coming back when I have more info about Fontaine to fix the plot later on.

Need to stop using c.ai cuz i can't spend an hour without going to talk to Rui smh. It's also taking all my motivation to write..