Chapter 6

Marinette

    Marinette was feeling a little uneasy as she was walking into school. Come on, I've got to be strong like when I'm Ladybug! Come on Marinette! Marinette thought. Marinette saw Iris when she got to class and felt a shiver go down her spine. Iris then started walking towards Marinette. Oh no, does she know?! Marinette was starting to freak out but she decided she can't let Iris get to her.

    "Hey, Marinette." Iris said kindly but Marinette knew it was all an act. Marinette remained silent and glared at her.

    "Marinette, what's wrong?" Iris asked and then she gasped, "Do you not like me, Marinette?"

    "Of course, I don't" Marinette practically yelled and the whole class looked at her. Rose then ran to Marinette.

    "How could you not like her, she's the nicest girl alive!" Rose defended Iris. Marinette just looked attacked but she shrugged it off.

    "How is she the nicest girl alive?" Marinette questioned.

    "Because, she's always volunteering at the community centers helping old ladies cross the street, helping the cat out of a tree AND she said she's aspiring to become a doctor one day as she says she wants to help people heal!" Rose explained. There is no way any of that's true! Marinette thought when Iris started to speak.

    "It's true, I love to help people, it breaks my heart to see someone crying or hurt or a cat stuck in a tree," Iris explained, "It's only natural that I'd want to help them."

    "Yeah right." Marinette muttered when she noticed Iris was glaring at her although Rose hadn't noticed.

    "Everyone loves Iris Verdi!"     Huh, who said that, NO! It can't be!

    "Alya?!" Marinette almost yelled.

    "Hey, Marinette!" Alya said, waving.

    "I think, I'm just gonna... go to my seat." Marinette said, walking to her seat.

It was now almost time for lunch and Marinette was kinda tired of hearing everyone loving Iris, like when did this happen? She was also tired of hearing Iris pretend to be nice but this was probably all part of her plan to make sure even if she told someone they wouldn't believe her.

    "She sure planned this well," Marinette told Tikki, "I was planning on telling Alya, but now I can't because she'd probably think I was jealous or something." The bell then rang signifying that it was time for lunch.

    Marinette then got up and walked to the cafeteria and grabbed a lunch tray and got some lunch. She then went and sat next to her bestie.

    "How can you trust Iris!" Marinette asked Alya, "She's a LIAR!" Alya facepalmed at this.

    "Don't tell me we're having a repeat of Lila, well except you were right about Lila" Alya said, " But Iris is different!" Marinette then slammed her face on the table growling and then she looked up still growling.

    "Come on girl, calm down!" Alya said laughing. Marinette proceeded to glare at her.

    "I'm not lying." Marinette was about to tell her the truth when she noticed Iris glaring at her and shaking her head back and forth.

    "Girl, you alright?" Alya asked when Marinette went silent.

    "Yeah, fine." Marinette replied.

⧫    ⧫    ⧫    ⧫    ⧫    ⧫    ⧫

    Later after the school day was over Marinette was in her room sitting at her desk staring at her computer background which was Adrien when she looked at the time on the computer to realize she was late for patrol. Marinette then got up and Tikki flew up to her.