01 Come home to you

It's been three years, yet everything still feels surreal.

I still remember how everyone on the team cried after the championship point.

We were so eager to win gold that conference, so we had to work extra hard. Kaya grabe na lang 'yung saya ng team namin because we literally shed our blood, sweat, and tears just to achieve our goal.

Bea and I retired together after the championship. We've already accomplished our goal with the team, so we wanted to move forward with our lives outside of volleyball.

Our relationship is no longer a secret. No more hiding from everyone. Now that we're no longer in the limelight of volleyball, we no longer have to worry about what others have to say.

We're also both pursuing different careers.

She's working for their family's company and managing her own business while I'm working a corporate job.

Surprisingly, the De Leon's had a project with the company I'm working with. So Bea and I would still come across each other during the first year of our new jobs.

It was helpful as we slowly adjusted to not being together 24/7 for work. We both established a routine so that we'd still get to spend time with each other.

Bea and I also moved into a new place for the both of us. She initially wanted to buy us a house, but I didn't want her to shoulder all the expenses, as I didn't want to depend on her. We both agreed that we'd save up some money and use it to build our dream home.

So currently, we're renting a town house for the three of us. Me, Bea, and Churro.

Churro is the maltipoo that Bea surprised me with. Despite telling myself that I don't need a dog and that it's just too much responsibility for me, Bea somehow convinced me that getting a dog won't hurt.

Nagulat na lang ako nang umuwi siya na dala-dala na si Churro.

I hear the garage gate opening, signaling that Bea's home.

"Churro, go wait for mommy" utos ko kay Churro habang naghahain ng lamesa. He's already wagging his tail as he waits for Bea to enter through the door.

"Baby!" masayang bati ni Bea kay churro na tumatalon-talon na sa paa ni Bea.

She played with churro for a while before going straight to the dining area, where I am. "Hello, Babe" bati niya sa'kin bago ako yakapin sa likod.

"Hi! How's work?" I asked, pecking her lips right after.

"Tiring" she answered, hugging me extra tight. "Buti na lang I get to come home to you everyday"

I giggle because of her corny banat. Even after years together with her, hindi pa rin ako sanay sa mga banat niya. She knows that they have a great effect on me, kaya hindi na siya tumigil. "Hay, umupo ka na nga lang para makakain ka na"

I added some rice to her plate along with some sinigang to her bowl. Hinintay ko siyang sumubo ng pagkain para alamin kung magugustuhan niya. She responded with a smile, knowing I was waiting.

My smile dropped. I know that smile. That smile is fake!

Agad akong sumandok ng ulam upang tikman.

"Masarap nga, Babe" she tried convincing me.

"Bakit ganito? Parang tumabang? Iba 'yung lasa nito kanina ah" pagtataka ko habang patuloy na tinitikman 'yung sabaw ng sinigang.

Nakakahiya! Kahit anong gawin ko, iba 'yung kinakalabasan ng mga niluluto ko.

"I'm sorry, Babe" I apologized, disappointed with how the food turned out. "Pagod ka na nga sa trabaho tapos puro palpak pa 'yung maabutan mong pagkain paguwi"

Sa aming dalawa, ako palagi 'yung unang nakakauwi, kaya ako na rin 'yung nagluluto ng pagkain namin.

The problem is that I'm not the best at cooking. Kahit na anong aral ko, parang iba palagi 'yung kinakalabasan.

"Hey, sabi ko naman na masarap diba? See, I'm eating it" sumubo siya ng sinigang para pagaanin ang loob ko.

"Next time magpadeliver na lang tayo para masarap ulam natin" After how many practices, pagsasaing lang 'yung naimprove ko. Maybe cooking isn't really for me.

"Babe, basta ikaw nagluto, masarap 'yun para sa'kin" pambobola niya. She took another bite while exaggerating her expressions. "Hmmm, Sarap!"

I just laugh at Bea's goofiness. I'm so lucky that she's very appreciative of everything I do. She's the reason why I strive to be better every day, cause my Beatriz deserves nothing but the best.

.

hello again cbs :D  I realized that the plot of Mahika was too long so I decided to make it a series.

Writing this chapter was very bittersweet after hearing the news of Caitlin, Bea, and Ate Den leaving Choco Mucho. Kaya kahit dito man lang, they'd get to experience a championship with team ube.