Making Amends

Briars P.O.V:

I was about to have the most ass kicking, panty dropping, incredible school year ever.

I say that confidently, but i'm definitely not convinced. So far I've had absolutely shitty school years with backstabbing friends and physco exes.

Long story short?
It hasn't been great.

But we're going to focus on the positives this year and hopefully everything will fall into place.

I could only hope that he wasn't going to intefere with my perfect school year plan.

Arlo Taylor.
He has been a royal pain in my ass for the majority of my life.

Constantly picking on me, reminding me 'i'm not good enough' and just degrading me,

But you know what?
I'm sick of it.

I'm done with his shit. I'm going to ignore him and live my life without his sadistic mindset.

Arlo's P.O.V:

This was the year everything was going to change.

I say 'everything' will a little exaggeration. My life? Going to stay the same. School? Stay the same. But her? That was going to change.

I was determined to change this year. I had been an absolute dick to her and she is quite literally my neighbour.

So we've constantly been dragged to each others houses because 'that's what neighbours do'

and honestly? I feel bad about how I treated her.

So I have decided I'm going to make it up to her, did I particularly want to?
No.

But I know I need to 'self improve' and all that shit so this is my first step.

Making amends.

Briars P.O.V:

Tomorrow was our first day of junior year, and I wanted some bomb clothes for it.

I phoned Natalia;

"Hey Nat!! You busy?"

"No what's up Bri?"

"Meet me at the mall in 15"

"Alright"

I hung up and began grabbing my things, my purse, my keys, a jacket.

As I was walking out the door and headed to my car I caught a glimpse of him looking at me.

He was smiling. He was smiling at me?

I ignored him and assumed it was a prank he had in the works so I brushed it off and considered it nothing.

I hopped in my car and drove to the mall.

AT THE MALL

"Bri this would look so good on you" Natalie exclaimed excitedly!!

"I'll try it on it looks gorgeous!!"

Once we were done shopping we both had bagfuls of new clothes.

Money wasn't really an issue for either of our families.

My mum was chief editor of the newspaper and my dad was a TV Broadcaster.

I was now officially ready for junior year. And the best part?

I was ready to kick ass academically.

Arlo's P.O.V:

She ignored me?

I tried to be nice. For once. And she straight up ignored me.

A sense of guilt waved through me. Had I really hurt her that bad? Would she ever be able to forgive me?

I was trying to think of ways to apologise and make it up to her but nothing came to mind.

Until I saw her car park again in her driveway.

That's when the idea popped into my mind.

I was going to throw  one of our neighbour dinner parties.

Yes they were shitty. Yes both of our parents always got drunk.

But that meant she would have to talk to me, baby steps right?

I stumbled downstairs to ask my mum what she thought.

"Mum? You in there?"

"In the kitchen Arlo"

I trudged into the kitchen and there my mum was clicking away letters on her keyboard.

My mum was a pretty successful writer so she always had ideas flowing through her head.

"I think we should throw a dinner party for our neighbours"

"Who the Thatcher's?" she questioned only half listening,

"Yes"

"Alright, when were you thinking?"

"Tomorrow? That way it's the first day of junior year celebration"

"I'll set it up sweetie"

I'd always been grateful that my mum tried. Yes she was nearly almost busy but with the little free time she had, she dedicated it towards our family.

As I walked back upstairs I got a google classroom notification,

'Hello Students! As you are aware first day of junior year is tomorrow and if anyone is interested in coming along to languages club, feel free to! That's all thanks'

I dismissed the message and thought it was stupid.

Until I remembered who the president of the languages club was.

Briar Thatcher.

That was my mind made up then.

Tomorrow after school?
I was at languages club.

I chuckled to myself quietly at my utter stupidity, was I really pathetic enough to join a languages club for a girl?

Honestly? Yes I was.

I'll let everyone in on a little secret.

I think the reason I dislike Briar so much is because I used to have a tiny little crush on her.

And every time I went to speak to her, she made some joke about me coming over to pick on her and walked away.

Briar was never going to like me like that unless I could prove that I had changed.

And I had.
I was making rights to my wrongs and I would never admit it but I never fully got over my crush on Briar.

Maybe she will like me. Maybe she won't.

But at-least I'll know that I'd done everything I can.

For her.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
WHAT DID WE THINK OF THE FIRST PART?
If you liked it please vote and comment!!!

I'm going to include pictures of outfits etc on the next part so you guys can see the ideas I have.

I fully intend to make this a drama filled book with plenty of plot twists.

I'm determined to make you guys feel like you're not just reading the book, you're experiencing it for yourself!!

If you have any ideas feel free to comment, I love to interact!!

I will most likely upload a new part every couple days but I will do my best with frequent uploads!!