014

"i don't really get why you decided to wear makeup at all, honestly." soobin says, closing the trunk to the car as he hangs the white beach towel around his neck.

yeonjun giggles and pulls his sunglasses down a little further, while holding his other hand near his eyes to look over at the beach. "because i wanted to test out my waterproof makeup. and what better place to test it than the beach!" he exclaims, throwing his hands up in an exaggerated fashion and doing jazz hands in the direction of the sandy oasis.

soobin smiles at the excited boy and shakes his head fondly. "i'm just saying, when you get it all ruined, don't say i didn't warn you." yeonjun scoffs and grabs one of soobin's hands. "i'll be fine, now let's go find a spot."

soobin hums and swings their hands between them as the two of them walk down the beach to find a spot.

they trudge through the sand to a small clear spot. putting down his towel, soobin pulls his shirt off over his head, lays down on his stomach and closes his eyes. yeonjun stares at him. how dare he look so hot being shirtless on a beach. the older sets down his towel a foot from the others', and pulls a bottle of sun screen out of his backpack.

without asking, he shuffles closer to the other and squirts some sun screen out onto his palm. he draws a stripe down soobin's back, who lifts his head indignantly. his eyes found yeonjun's, but he just grinned at him. soobin lowers his head back to his arms, and closes his eyes again. yeonjun rubs the stripe of sun screen into soobin's back, massaging his skin with the white cream. he spreads the line out and made it wider, before adding another two on either side.

yeonjun gazes at soobin, who was lying down comfortably on his towel. he runs his hands up soobin's back, rubbing the lotion in. he works his hands up and down soobin's warm skin, making sure to cover his entire back. soobin lets out a contented sigh and shifts happily beneath yeonjun.

"there, done," yeonjun comments as he finishes massaging the sun screen onto soobin's back.

"thanks," soobin replies, a smile ghosting his lips. yeonjun quickly leaves a peck on the lips under him, causing soobin's eyes to widen. "n-not in public please."

"alright darling." yeonjun chuckles as he withdraws from the other and lies down on his own towel. he turns his back to the sky, mirroring soobin, and closes his eyes. he allows the sound of waves crashing and children laughing to calm himself into a daze.

"do you want me to do yours too?"

startled, yeonjun blinks his eyes open sleepily before realising what soobin means. "oh, yeah." when it comes out slightly strangled he says it again. "yes, that would be great."

yeonjun watches from the towel as soobin sits up and reaches the bottle of sun screen. he closes his eyes again as he watches the other approach him. he closes his eyes just to feel a warm hand smothering the cream onto his skin, massaging it in gently.

-------

yeonjun decides that it's about time that he actually gets into the water. after being at the beach for a solid hour already and not having even placed a toe in it. he stands up and stretches, arms above his head, and paces around to get to soobin. the other has fallen asleep on his stomach. yeonjun sighs when he notices how comfortable he looks, but ultimately decides that it would be best to wake him.

with a gentle hand on soobin's shoulder and side, yeonjun shakes him awake. the younger blinks his eyes open slowly and smiles softly when he sees yeonjun waking him. his hair is sleep tousled and his skin is glowing from an hour spent in the sun. yeonjun thinks that soobin looks wonderful like this, all sleepy, sated, and beautiful.