020

"i just can't believe him." yeonjun said as he threw himself on his back, laying in the bed of the other. currently he decided to stay at his friends' house, not having the heart to face soobin yet.

"you can't avoid him forever hyung. he will be visiting your house every morning. besides, don't you think he might have a reason to not want to start something serious?" hueningkai asked as he nudged yeonjun's hip, motioning him to move over so he could join him on the bed.

"yea sure." he rolled his eyes, "i asked him why he can't start something serious and he completely ignored me. we had the best week ever, there was clearly a spark going on between us and he just friendzoned me after everything we did. i don't get it."

hueningkai hummed as he grabbed a pillow to rest it on his lap and leaning his arms on them. "how did the two of you meet?"

yeonjun lifted his index finger in the air in front of the others' face. "okay i'll tell you but don't judge me."

"i won't"

yeonjun slowly came closer to hueningkai after whispering. "he's the assistant of my dad."

"no way?" the blonde gasped, "you were doing all this.. with your dad's assistant?"

"well if you say it like that.. you make it sound worse than it is. i started showing interest in him even before i knew about him being my dad's assistant."

"how did you even manage to.." hueningkai struggled finding the right words.

yeonjun guessed. "manage to end up in bed with him?" this made the younger nod in response.

"he liked me before i liked him."

soobin had shown interest in him ever since he locked eyes with the older and yeonjun liked that. he could tell his thoughts just by the gaze on his face and he loved how easy it was to read him in that moment. that's how soobin captured his attention as well and then it turned into a seduction game yeonjun was willing to play.

hueningkai scoffed. "hyung you are so full of yourself."

that was partially true, yeonjun did love himself a lot, or maybe it was just a mask he hid behind to avoid himself from getting hurt.

but loving yourself is nothing to be ashamed of right? on the contrary, yeonjun thinks it was one of his best values. he finally escaped a very dark time involving lots of unnecessary selfdoubt.

he didn't exactly miss how the insecurities churned in his stomach everytime taehyun went on a boys' night out without him or when he smiled to his phone while texting.

"who are you texting?" yeonjun always asked him but the response he received never reassured him in any way. it was always just a simple: "no one important." which would only fuel his raging thoughts.

"having confidence isn't something negative hueningkai." yeonjun simply stated

"ofcourse i know that hyung, i'm actually really proud of how far you've come considering your selfdoubts from the past." hueningkai threw an arm over his hyungs' shoulder and pressed himself against the other, snuggling closer. "just know that i'll always be here for you yeah? when something happens, you come to me. just like right now."

"i will. and thank you kai, i mean it."

hueningkai just nodded. "ofcourse hyung. you would do the same for me."

"that's true."

"i know." hueningkai rolled his eyes playfully but the mood quickly turned sour when yeonjun asked him another question. "why do you think he doesn't want to be my boyfriend? am i the problem? maybe he wanted me but i did something to change his mind?"