The Sunflower Knight

1/2

Eula walks into the Knights of Favonius' headquarters, Calvary knight keaya approached her, with a friendly smile. "You're back, how's your mission?" "Well, enough you can tell that Jean" She said. Keaya smiled. "That's great to hear... I do hope you're ready for more" Eula stood tall ready for her next task. "A knight has returned for Varkas' expedition recently, They said that they've been struck with an illness, Albedo is currently at work to find a cure. We've been needing someone to take of him"

Eula stood up confused. "I have Babysitting duties?" Keaya drops his smile, "Albedo already said, that it would be impossible to create a cute to the illness in time... Jean gave out an assignment to have someone take care of them as their final day drew closer, but all the other knights who took up the assignments, all but immediately teared up and left, most of them couldn't stop crying for hours, not even our little spark night can handle it" Eula listen attentively to the tales of Keaya.

"So this is your new assignment. right now they are still every much healthy, so it won't impact your normal duties for now" Eula paused for a moment, before looking up at him and nodding. Keaya nods. "Follow me" She followed him, Keaya lead her to their room. He opened the door. "Mori, it's me" Eula's eyes widened as they see a little child looking out the window. The Child waved hello. She closed her eyes, Keaya looked at her. She took a step outside. "I need a second..." She said, Wiping her tears away. "You'd don't  need to take it if you want to..." Keaya said. "No...! I'll..." She looked up to the child. "I'll take it..." She said.

---

She finally gathers herself, Keaya walked up to her. "how long do they have left?" She asked, "a year Albedo estimate at the best" He answered, She nods slowly. She walked to the door. "Keep them happy" keaya said, She opens the door, she enters the room, and closed the door behind her, She took a deep breath.

The Child turned around. Both of them stared at each other, "you're not crying...", Eula opens her mouth but no words would come out of it. The young child looked at her curiously. "Are you an angel?" They asked, Eula paused for a moment, she closed her eyes to contemplate the situation she is in. She gathers her answers and courage and spoke. "Yes... I am an Angel" The young boy's eyes lights up. "Really?" She nods. "A guardian angel" She said. The young walked up to her excitedly.

"The stories That Master Varkas are true!" They said excitedly, *Cough!* "He said that all angels are pretty, Especially those who help guard people!" Eula chuckled and smiled weakly. "Hi miss Angel! My name is Mori! Mori Morningstar, The Sunflower knight! Do you have a name miss Angel?" He asked. "I... Well..." Mori eagerly waited for her to respond to his questions. "I am Captain Eula-" She paused, "Eula...? Oh! Wait! Captain Eula Lawrence! Master Varkas told me a lot of things about you! But he didn't tell me you were an angel!" He said with Joy in his eyes. Eula didn't quite know how to handle the situation with Mori.

"Wow! This is so cool!" He said smiling, He was all giddy, even when the early onset of the disease are settling, Mori continued to have fun. Eula's smile, masked the somber feeling she had inside.

Such innocence behind that smile, those eyes... It filled her with sadness, to see that be slowly sapped away by a disease that they don't fully understand. Eula sighed, "So Mori... What do you like to do?" She sat down and asked him. "Ooooo! I like to look the landscape and draw it! I like bird watching! And training!" He answered. "Oh well, can you show some of your drawings?" Mori excitedly nods and quickly runs to gather his papers and starts to showcase them to her.

She saw many new places, the Illustration were detailed and beautiful. Eula very much enjoyed the drawings that Mori made. "So what do you like to do Miss Eula?" Mori asked, "Oh...? I like to dance" She said unsure of herself. "Dancing?" She nods. "woah! That's amazing can you show me!" He asked.

Eula nods, she stands up, she took a death breath and showed him her dance, Mori watched with awe and excitement while she danced gracefully. Mori gave her a round of applause after her performance, "Wow! Ahahah! That so beautiful!" Eula smiles and sits back down. Mori yawns. "I feel sleepy..." *Cough!* Mori cleared his throat. Eula picked him up and carried him to his bed. "Can you sing me a song?" Eula lays him down. "A song?" He nods. "I'm not really good a singing..." "It's ok" Mori said.

"Ok..." Eula took in a deep breath. "Hold me close, hold me fast..."

----

Eula quiet left Mori's room, She broke out in tears, She cried quiet for a couple of minutes. "So much innocence..." She mumbled to herself. She soon stopped crying though it was Evident that she had been crying. She goes up to the alchemy room. She knocks.

Albedo opens the door. "Oh Eula, I was about to come look for you" he said. "I hazard to guess that you have already meet him?" She nods. "What's his condition?" Albedo sighs. "It's a unique form of disease... That seems to occur on a microscopic level, The pollen from Sunflowers and High levels of ley line energy caused the pollen to attach, itself onto some of his cells transforming them in the cells of a sunflower..."

"Is there a possible cure?" Albedo nods, "yes but... I fear that he won't be alive when it is created, the best we could do right is, that we could try to slow the down the disease. It's similar to Eleazar, slowly eating at the patient's life before eventually taking it"

"How long do they have left?" "The disease spreads very slowly, currently, but I wouldn't be surprised if starts to spread quicker as soon as he starts to get weaker... If I had to guess... 1 or a Year an half" Albedo said. Eula nods.

"Let's not worry about for now, Mori is still very much healthy, a few Medicines for coughing and He should fine for now, Sucrose, Timaeus, and I are hard at work" Eula continues to fall to sadness. "I guess, I shouldn't  bother you anymore... Thank you and Good luck" He nods. "Thank you, We'll try to quickly come up with a cure" Eula nods, Albedo closes the door.

End.

-----

Hey I just wanted to write something a bit different from I normally do. I didn't want to force myself to write the other books, or I might end up hating writing those chapters. Anyways this going to be a short story probably only 12 chapters or more.