CONTENT

Comment Box

"Love is not a thing to understand

"Love is not a thing to understand. Love is not a thing to feel. Love is not a thing to give and receive. Love is a thing only to become and eternally be."
—Sri Chinmoy.

Author's Note

This is a work of fiction. Characters, places, names, storyline, are all a figment of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to real events or persons is purely coincidental.

INTRODUCTION

Lyra Syagros

The weigh of a kingdom is bestowed upon the shoulders of a teenage girl; one whose emotions she's only discovering. As she learns to be a monarch, she also learns that love cannot be controlled by social status or political power. Lyra's journey is one of self-discovery and growth, as she navigates the challenges of ruling a kingdom and falling in love with someone who is considered socially inferior. Along the way, she must grapple with difficult decisions and learn to balance her personal desires with her duty to her people. Through it all, she learns that love is not something that can be controlled or dictated by external factors, but rather a powerful force that can transform and inspire us to be our best selves.

•••

Hektor Damasos

The slave had always known that life would be rough, but he never imagined he would end up in the arena, forced into servitude. He tried to keep his spirits up, finding solace in the few moments of peace he could find. It was during one of those moments that he met Lyra, the young girl who was learning to be a monarch. Despite the difference in their social status, he fell in love, knowing fully well that their love was forbidden. As they navigated the challenges of their relationship, he found himself growing bolder and more confident.

Through his love for Lyra, grows the courage to stand up against injustice and fight for a better future for himself and his people. Their love maybe be a symbol of hope and resilience, for his people as they see them working together to create a world where love and equality could triumph over hate and oppression. But to noblemen whose Monarch is in this mix, he stands a good chance of losing his head...beside hers.