𝖯𝗋𝖾𝗅𝗎𝖽𝖾. 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖲𝖺𝖼𝗋𝗂𝖿𝗂𝖼𝖾𝗌 𝖮𝖿 𝖲𝗂𝗇𝗌.

PRELUDE

PRELUDE. The Sacrifices Of Sins
SHADYSIDE. America
JUNE 13. 1994

not proofread

                                     This town ain't good

     Winnie had known that from the moment she had came screaming into the world covered in blood. Her frail body, kicking and screaming under the bright hospital light in the town she would not grow up in and placed in her mothers arms.

     Her mother had been fifteen when she had her only child. She had been all alone as her parents had shunned her in anger, her little sister too young to travel from Shadyside to Sunnyvale in which she laid then. Crying softly as she held her babe close to her chest with the moonlight trickling in.

     The father would never been in the daughters life. At least not as a father. She had heard it had broken her mother, Jennifer or rather Jenny's heart as she had supposedly been so in love. It festered a harsh resentment in her knowing that her father was most likely in the perfect town, with a wife and kids of his own whilst not caring about her.

     She refused to ever have a child who would have to grow up without both parents. The damage was a horrible, gaping ache in your heart for a person that you had never met. As though the body had known there should have been love there for someone, but they never came and so it forged into an ugly hatred of grief.

     Because what is love, if not grief?

     Winnie hated herself for knowing that deep down, she loved her father. She had never met him. Yet the dream of meeting him was still a fantasy of her own, that she had never been able to shake.

     It was what moved her to her decision today. As she stood in the hallway of her home, the bright yellow telephone stuck on the wall, held between her rainbow painted fingertips. The buzzing had her foot tapping against the wooden floor that desperately needed cleaned.