Lost Child

Background: Ambrosius is searching for Ballister in a market when The Squire dumps a little 'demon baby' onto him

"I know he's here! Find him!"

The knights nodded and began searching the market. The day was bright and blinding and Ambrosius worried he might blind himself with the sun shining off his silver and gold armor. On days like today, he would love to have Ballister's armor, it was dark and subdued and not so blinding.

Of course, his armor caught many other people's eyes, not just his own. And being the decedent Gloreth meant he was also famous. So, as always, people began crowding around him, reaching out to touch the great knight's pristine armor and shout his name (and not to mention asking for autographs, Ambrosius hated autographs).

Oh. And he hated crowds.

"Look! It's Goldenloin!"

"I can't believe it!"

"Goldenloin!"

He strained his neck up to see over the growing crowd, looking for a sign of Ballister. "Please move aside-"

"Can I get your autograph?"

Ambrosius sighed, "Just one signature. Who am I signing?"

"Do you sign skin?"

Ambrosius reached out, parting the people. But like water, new towns folk rush in to fill the gap. Normally if he ventured out of The Academy Ballister would be there. Thanks to growing up on the streets, the man knew quiet alleyways and how to escape crowds. Ambrosius didn't.

With a sigh, Ambrosius signed the man's shirt (Weird but better than his forearm) "There. Can we just part the waters-"

With a few huffs, the crowds shifted, but there were still too many people, everyone had their eyes on him. "Thank you. Can you please move aside- Thank you."

"HELP ME! SIR GOLDENLOIN PLEASE HELP ME!"

He looked up at the frantic screams. It was The Squire.

"A LITTLE DEMON BABY IS AFTER ME! HELP ME!"

Ambrosius made a quick sprint over to the man who was running loops. With a quick and fluid motion due to years of training, he scooped up the 'demon baby'.

"Oh thank you Sir Goldenloin!" The Squire squawked. "I best be off, best of luck!"

The kid, now in his arms, turned up to look at Ambrosius. The child looked young, maybe around 3 or 4. He had dark brown, almost black eyes that looked up at him curiously. His dusty black hair sat ruffled atop his head and his clothes were wrinkled from chasing The Squire.

"Hello there little one," Ambrosius smiled.

"Hey! I'm not little!" Huffed the child.

He nodded, "Why yes, of course. You're very tall and menacing. Now can you tell me why you were chasing this man?"

"He told me he would help me find my Papa, but then he ran away from me!" The child complained, his arms flapping around.

Ambrosius hugged the child to his side like he would to a stray cat. "Oh, I see. Where is your Pa?"

The child seemed to consider his words, tapping on his chin. "He's over there." He pointed down the market.

Ambrosius looked down the street, some guards were chasing a stray car- Ballister. Ballister had stolen a car and was making a getaway-

"Will you take me to him?" Questioned the child, bopping Ambrosius's nose.

He shook himself out of his thoughts. Ballister was innocent, and the only knight who could catch him was Ambrosius himself. It would be awfully convenient if Ambrosius was distracted helping a child. Then Ballister could make his getaway. (Of course, unbeknownst to him, Ballister had in fact kidnapped The Squire while Ambrosius was talking to the child, but details)