-prey-

warnings: torture, implied sa

WE PULLED UP TO THE STORE, "its clear out here." Maggie shouted to Glenn and I. 

Maggie walked over towards Glenn and smiled, "if you two are about to make out just give me a warning first." I made a disgusted face and we started laughing. 

"It's a beautiful day." Maggie added as Glenn cut the chain to one of the store doors. "It is." I smiled at her. 

Glenn pulled the door open and a flock of ducks flew out, "holy shit!" I yelled and laughed with Maggie. "Glenn grab that duck." Maggie gestured to the one he had just walked past, "are you serious?" Glenn questioned. "Yeah." Maggie answered as we all went into the store to scavenge. 

After we got enough food and supplies I tossed my bags in the truck, Glenn and Maggie followed. 

"We just hit the powdered formula jackpot.", "thank god." I replied. 

"I also got beans, batteries, cocktail wieners, many mustards." Glenn smiled, proud of himself. "It's a straight shot back to the prison from here." I said grabbing a bag from the curb. "Probably can make it back before dinner-" I felt something slam against my head and I fell to the floor. I tried to fight falling asleep but I couldn't, I was too weak.

I woke up in a small room, "fuck." I tried to reach my hand to my head but I was tied to a metal bar. 

My head was pounding and my vision was blurry. 

It was a dim lit room with only one exit, a door to the right of me. Every couple hours I would hear screams that sounded like Glenn, he had to be in the room to the right of me. 

I tried to find a break in the metal bar but there was nothing. My thoughts jumbled with the things Daryl had taught me to do in situations like this.

My head must have been bleeding pretty bad, and I must have passed out again and was woken by the sound of the door opening, "hey there little girl." A shorter man with black hair walked into the room slowly and untied me. 

I swiftly sdwung my fist at him landing a punch to his face, "Where are they?" I questioned sternly. He quickly got up from the floor and landed a punch clean to my nose and I fell to the floor. I felt a foot to my back and I screamed in pain, "Well it's your lucky day. I'll take you to them right now." he grabbed my arm and walked me to another room.

Why hadn't they done anything to me? Was I about to be tortured for hours? Shit. 

 He opened the door where I saw Glenn standing there with blood covering his face. "Oh my god." I muttered. 

The man shoved me further into the room, "don't touch her." Glenn snapped at the man but he had no reaction. 

"It's okay." I looked up at Glenn and he nodded back at me. 

I turned to see a man guiding Maggie inside the room, her hands covering her body. Two other men followed him. I looked up at the last man in shock, "merle?" I uttered. "Hey, kid." He answered. 

"He did this?" I looked over at Glenn and he just slightly nodded. The man holding Maggie lifted a gun to her head, "We're through with games." He said. My heart sank watching Maggie. "Now one of you is gonna give up your camp." He ordered us. He walked over to Glenn holding the gun to his head, "dont." I looked over at Maggie. "The prison." She blurted out. I listened as my brother questioned us where and how many, I couldn't even look him in the eyes. The man finally lowered his gun and headed for the door before hugging Maggie, touching her face and then shoving her into Glenn's arms.