Across the Globe

This is my first chapter and I hope you can enjoy it...

Sarah:

I finally finished unpacking the many boxes filling my new apartment. The second I fall back on my bed my phone rings. It's my new coach..

"Hey kid whats up, you all ready for training next week?"

"Hey coach, yup as ready as ever, just gonna use this first week to get a job."

"Great see you in a blink."

we say goodbye and I lay back down and stare at the ceiling. Then I remember that I am finally here in New York and it's going to be great. It's been a lifelong dream to leave my little town in italy and spend some time living in the big city. I quickly get up. I shower, clean myself up and go out to beat the jetlag. I breathe in the air filled with piss weed and smoke and smile to myself. 

I wander around for a bit feeling happy and excited. I decided against looking for a job today as I am already exhausted. I get to central park and walk around a bit until I settle for a cafe. I enter the cozy shop excited to drink hot chocolate. As I walk in looking around I suddenly ricochet against a giant of a person. I nearly fall to the ground. I apologize out of manners and look up to see a gorgeous man dressed in the most handsome suit I have ever laid my eyes on. He sneers at me and abruptly exits the coffee shop. 

I blink a couple times. Comprehending the rude american's NON-existent manners and wander if the rest are the same. I shortly decide they are not after have a short chat with the lovely teenage girl at the register. Her name is sally and when I order a hot chocolate not a coffee she says she prefers the same. I explain to her how I cannot for the life of me drink coffee then feel well. I get heart palpitations and start to sweat and feel light headed and so its not worth it. She agrees and says she just doesn't like the taste. 

I walk home cup in hand humming a song my ear caught at the coffee shop's speakers. I get home and right away facetime my mom to give her an update.

Mom answers..

"what did you forget you had a mother, why bother call me at all."

"mom don't be dramatic I've only been here a couple hours."

"mio amore it's enough for me to miss you."

"I know I miss you too."

we chat a lot and I close my laptop. I get ready to sleep and when i get into bed I realize how lonely being alone really is. I'm so used to being surrounded my family and friends being so alone in a strange city really scares me even if I won't admit it. I tear drop rolls down my cheek as I drift off to sleep.

.....

Hope you liked this small introduction. I even slightly introduced our lovely male lead. Tune in for more detailed updates.

P.S. please do not come for me I don't speak italian