Wingardium Leviosa

I sit down in the chair next to a random Ravenclaw while listening to the professor talk about a spell to make something float. I can't stop thinking about the other day and Malfoy talking about what he saw in the future.

"You swish and flick your wand while saying, 'wingardium leviosa' you try now. Keep that good wrist movement like we have been practicing."

I look down at the feather on our table and swish and flick my wand, "wingardium leviosa."

The feather slowly rises into the air and hovers as I point my want at it. The people around me stare at it while making surprised noises. Magic is a lot easier than you would think.

"Well done, Miss Potter! Well done!"

I smile proud of myself as other people start to get their feathers to fly until Seamus Finnegans explodes causing everyone's feathers to drop.

"I think we are going to need another feather over here professor," Harry says and I put my wand down as the professor gets another feather to give to Seamus.

"Potter. Potter," Malfoy whispers behind me and I turn around annoyed, "how do you do it."

I look at him confused, "you just swish your wand and flick it down."

"Wigardium Leviosar."

I roll my eyes, "Levio-sa. not sar, sa."

He does it like I tell him, and he makes the feather go up slowly. He smiles a little and looks up at the feather. He is such a nice boy, but only when he wants something. I wish he would be nicer to people. I want to know what goes on inside this boy's head.

He looks at me, "what are you looking at, potter?"

Back to old Malfoy, "the feather that I just helped you with."

He rolls his eyes, "turn around."

I sigh and turn back around while still thinking what life would be like if he was just a little bit nicer.