3. Welcome to the Lair

Lucy knows she's pretty, but not pretty enough for Tim's eyes to constantly follow her whenever she comes into view. Something was OFF about him, and she wanted to know what it was. That was why she had initially invited him to join her at night in the kitchen- to let him know she noticed his close observation of her, and also to provide an invitation for him to talk to her instead of just staring.

But on a particularly restless night, she kept her curtains drawn and did not dare to go into the kitchen no matter how her stomach rumbled, because then Tim would show up, and they would talk, but would she learn WHY he watched her so carefully? Probably not.

He was a mystery to her, and she liked puzzles. That's what pulling off a heist really is at it's core- a difficult puzzle to solve. And without a new heist to plan, Lucy felt off-center.

Tim noticed a shift in the house. No more criminals were staying in the guest house with him, and Lucy's crew was always lounging around from what he could see through the windows. He hadn't spoken to Lucy in days aside from when she sat by the pool and she asked: "Care to join me?" He shook his head and apologized before going on a long drive, because there was no universe where he could have an intel gathering conversation with her while she was wearing a very revealing black bikini.

So when he noticed Lucy leaving the house with a glint in her eye, he knew she was planning something. He followed in the provided Toyota Camry until they reached a bank. She was leaning against her car, another unassuming silver Toyota Camry, when he came upon her. With all the items she has stolen, surely Lucy could afford a more luxurious car, but it works well to drive one of the most common cars on the road in the United States- a great way to blend in when making a swift getaway. She's brilliant.

"You followed me," she noted, still resting against the side of her car.

"That isn't against the rules," Tim shot back, and she smirked.

"Maybe I need to add it to the list."

"What are we doing here?" His chin jerked in the direction of the entrance to the bank.

"I'm considering opening an account." She started walking but then stopped to add, "You can come in as long as you're silent. Just stand there. Okay, handsome?"

He nodded and felt his chest warm from the compliment. Tim watched as she strutted inside with confidence while her eyes flittered around the space, taking everything in. She spoke kindly to a bank employee, asking various questions about opening a safety deposit box as well as an account, and he knew she wanted to rob the bank...but out of all of her alleged crimes, Lucy had never robbed a bank before.

They left the bank, and then they turned the corner to enter a jewelry store. She quickly looped her arm around one of Tim's once inside.

"Hi! Can you show us your selection of the best engagement rings? My boyfriend is CLUELESS, and if he has a CHANCE of me saying yes to his proposal, I'll need to pick something out myself," she grinned up at Tim mischievously before returning her gaze to the sales associate.

Lucy looked at the ring selection, her arm still keeping Tim close, and she found she quite enjoyed holding onto his muscular arm and feeling his breath against her face while they stood next to each other staring down at the jewelry.

"This one's pretty, babe," he commented, pointing to one that he actually thought might suit her. Yes, they were not actually there to pick out a ring, but he wanted to prove that he understands her, and more than that, it was fun to role play with Lucy.

She hummed as she inspected it. "Yeah, sweetie. It's very pretty," Lucy replied softly. The facade gone for a brief moment when she met his eyes. She liked the way he called her "babe" and knew what she might prefer in terms of jewelry. It was the simplest ring in the collection, she realized. While others were sparkly and eye catching with big diamonds or a collection of a few smaller stones, he had pointed to a simple round 1 carat diamond ring on a plain gold band. Beautiful, understated, and exactly what she likes regardless of all of the riches she has stolen.