𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· - ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°·.°·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°

"At 4:45pm Sunday afternoon, Derrick Morrison's body was found dumped in a local lake near Ferrydale Avenue. Police are trying to find suspects as the autopsy is conducted. Derrick's wife, Larrisa Morrison was interviewed this..."
The news reporters voice was drowned out by Thalessa's thoughts. She was lost in thought when her daughter Sony interrupted.

"Mommy?"
"What is it, Sony?"
"I-I cant find Mr. Scruffy!"

Thalessa sighed.

"I'm coming, let me finish my coffee."

Thalessa Santos, aspiring detective and stay-at-home mom was here wondering why she had more kids. At the ripe age of 47, she was well at the prime of her life. After years of tireless work to put herself and her kids through college, and an abusive marriage (which ended in a nasty divorce) Thalessa knew the struggles of life. After being a single mom of two for over 15 years she tried starting over fresh. She eventually remarried at 42 and had not only a stepdaughter, but a newborn to take care of.
A

fter she re-married, she quit her part-time deli job to finish her college studies online and care for her younger children, her older two kids off on their own. She always considered herself lucky to have a husband like Issac, who's 45. He's a Pediatrician and the breadwinner of the family. He insisted on him paying for her college funds so she can pursue her career. Her life isn't perfect, but its okay.

Sony (3), her youngest, was quite the handful. She is a ball of living energy.

"Mamí I can't find him!
"We'll find him niña."

Thalessa looked all over Sony's room. No Mr. Scruffy.

"Mom, i found this in my closet."
"Oh, Cass, thank god. You sister was gonna throw a tantrum."

Cassidy(7), was Thalessa's stepdaughter. Issac had also been in a unhappy marriage, and after the divorce, Issac got full custody of Cassidy, and her mom payed child support, and she has only seen her mom about five times. Cassidy wasn't as energetic as her sister. Quiet kid. She also doesn't speak spanish like her dad.

"Mr. Scruffy! I lost him in your closet when we were playing hide and seek!"

Cassidy handed the plush to Sony.

"Here Sony."

Thalessa pated Cassidy's shoulder.

"You girls go get dressed. Were going to the pharmacy."

_________________________

"Ring this up for me please."
"That will be $15. Do you have a healthcard?"
"I do."

Thalessa gave the pharmacist her her prescription and healthcard.

"¡Mamí! mamí! ¡quiero esto!"
"Ya tienes uno, vamos."
"Please?!"
"Date prica y ven niña."

Before heading home, they stopped by the supermarket to get some stuff. They walked past a television with the same 'Derrick Morrison' case as earlier. The name was familiar, but Thalessa couldn't pinpoint where she'd heard the name..
Cassidy and Sony both skipped hand-in-hand down the aisle looking at toys and kits while Thalessa's eyes were glued to the tv. He was killed by some form of poisoning. Sad, she thought. Then she saw his wife, a Gorgeous woman. Thalessa felt uneasy. Not by her messy black hair, or her huge hoop earrings, or the bright, unorthodox mix of colours making up her outfit. She knew that face, but from where? Did they go to high school together? She didn't remember.
Back at home, Thalessa called Vanessa(45), her best friend to check up on her. They talked for a good 20 minutes.
"Hey Van?"
"Yeah?"
"Did we go to high school with a...uh..Larrisa?"

The line went silent for a few seconds, Vanessa seemed to be thinking.

"Hm. Larrisa, Larrisa.. I don't think so. Never heard that name before."

Thalessa was dumbfounded. Where did she know Larrisa from?

______________________

"Thalessa, Kids, im home!"
"Oh, welcome home."
Issac was home from work.
Thalessa and Issac have been married four years. They never actually married for love, but one gained from the other. Issac payed for her college, she took care of the kids. They only got married since Issac insisted on helping Thalessa get her degree and stuff. Issac is a pediatrician, so he gets home quite late, around 5:30. He wasn't about to leave his three year old at a daycare till so late. And he's quite the eagle parent at times, so that's where Thalessa comes in.
"How was work?"
"Good, how was your day, Hmm?"
"Good...i'll get the girls...they're upstairs.

When Issac and Thalessa got married, Issac made her quit her job so she could focus on her education. Sony was never an expected child. After all, they were too old for another toddler to be running around(Cassidy was 2 years old) when Thalessa got pregnant, the only person who was happy seemed to be Cassidy.
Upstairs, Cassidy was playing with her dolls, and Sony was asleep beside her.
Thalessa didnt hate kids, she just never expected anymore. She doesn't regret it(ish).

Cassidy ran downstairs and hugged her dad.

"Daddy!"
"Hey princess!"

Issac picked up Cassidy and twirled her around. Thalessa came down the stairs with a sleeping Sony in her arms.

"Let me start on dinner."

____________________________

Thalessa sat at her desk studying for an upcoming exam on her computer while the chicken defrosted. She zoned out for a second. She clicked off the word document and searched up the name 'Derrick Morrison.' Many articles popped up about his sudden murder. She did some more digging and found his facebook account. She saw many pictures of him and his wife. The more she looked, the fewer pictures of him and his wife came up. For some reason, it was his wife only. It was suspicious to her. She started creating files about him.

°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· - ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°·.°·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°

If your here, thank you for reading this far! First chapter was a bit short but working on a longer chapter! Please vote and follow! </3