Pilot

My alarm blares in my ear, jolting me awake from a restless sleep. I groan, knowing that I'm already running late for school.

As I rush to get ready, I can't shake off the feeling that today is going to be just like every other day - a never-ending cycle of misery and disappointment.

Just as I'm about to head out the door, I catch a glimpse of my dad passed out on the couch with a strange woman beside him.

I'm not even surprised anymore; it's like an every night thing. Despite this, I know I have to leave for school.

As I walk to school, I can feel the cold stares of my peers burning into my back, a constant reminder that I don't belong.

But I can't help but stare at the guy I like, hoping for a connection that seems like it will never come.

When I see the guy I like, I can't help but drool and obsess over every little thing he does. I know it's crazy, but I can't help it.

He's just so perfect in every way - his smile, his laugh, his hair. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I can't help but feel like we're meant to be together. I'll do whatever it takes to make him mine.

Emilliano famoso prospero is the most popular guy in school. Every girl loves him, and he pulls almost every girl in school.

God, he's so hot. I start walking to class, lost in my own thoughts about Emilliano, when I accidentally bump into Caspian Atlas Tanaka.

He's one of the lamest guys in school - in fact, he's pretty much invisible to everyone else. He has two friends, but that's it.

He doesn't pull any girls, and he's ugly. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you," he stammers.

I roll my eyes, trying to hide my annoyance. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just move out of my way, I'm trying to look at Emilliano," I say, before shoving past him and heading off to class.

I was running late for class, and as soon as I walked in, I could feel the stares of everyone in the room.

They all looked at me like they hated me, but I didn't care. The only person I wanted to impress was Emilliano.

He was surrounded by a group of girls, but his eyes met mine when I walked in. I could tell he was interested in me, and I couldn't stop staring at his beautiful brown eyes.

Suddenly, the teacher interrupted my thoughts. "Hello? Ms. Castillo? Please have a seat."

I flinched, realizing I was lost in Emilliano's gaze. "Huh? Oh, sorry. Yeah, of course," I said, quickly taking my seat.

But I couldn't focus on anything else for the rest of class - all I could think about was Emilliano. I knew I had to make a move and take my shot.

After class, I approached Emilliano's locker, where he was surrounded by a group of girls who gave me strange looks.

I was only focused on him, however. "Can I help you?" Emilliano asked with an awkward tone.

"Yes, I was wondering if I could have your number," I said, stumbling over my words. The girls laughed.

"Looks like little princess Aurora thinks you're cute. Are you going to be her prince?" one of them said, and they all laughed.

"I'm sorry, no thanks," Emilliano said awkwardly. The girls looked at me and tried not to laugh. I ran away, trying not to cry, and headed for the bathroom.

Aurora ran to the bathroom, tears streaming down her face. She locked herself in a stall and cried even harder.

Suddenly, she heard the door open and two popular girls walked in, laughing and doing their makeup.