Dude!

We just walked through the doors of nikis apartment, which thankfully, is so warm. It hasn't stopped snowing so the grounds are covered. It's probably reached 10 inches by now. It's freezing outside, and had I known about the oncoming death sentence I would've brought a thicker jacket.

"You can put your shoes over by the wall." Riki says as he closes and locks the front door behind us. I do as he says and put them by the wall closest to the door.

"Sorry about the mess. I had some friends over last night." He says as he quickly picks up the one blanket that's laying on the ground. 'Mess?'

I look around the apartment and notice how organized and clean it is. Books are in there assigned shelves on either side of the TV in the living room, everything is dusted, and not a speck of dirt. "You can sit down you know. You don't have to stand there forever." Riki says.

I make my way to the light grey couch in the living room and take a seat. "It's really clean in here." I say, not knowing what else to talk about.

He gives me a small smile as he folds the blanket and puts it on the back of the couch. The awkwardness is starting to settle in and I can tell Riki thinks so too as he takes his seat next to me.

He crosses his legs, getting comfortable in his spot. I play with my fingers not knowing what else to focus on in this moment.

"So-" He starts before something big comes barging out of one of the doors in the hallway. Said giant jumps on the couch seconds later, creating a huge dip. It jumps on me and I can feel all it's weight.

'I knew he had an ulterior motive!'

As I prepare myself for death, eyes squinted shut, it doesn't come.

Instead, a tongue reaches my cheek giving me a big, wet, sloppy kiss. I open my eyes in shock and disgust and see a big black and brown dog sitting on top of me, ready to give me another smooch before he's pulled back by his collar.

"Dude! No! Bad dog!" Riki pulls the dog back, giving it a smack on the nose.

I'm still in shock as I wipe away the dog slobber from my cheek with my sleeve. 'Well this is going in the washer when I get home.' I think to myself, staring at my now wet sleeve.

I take my hoodie off immediately. I pull it over my head, and when I can peek through the bottom, I see Riki staring. He has a blank, slightly flushed face, which i choose to ignore as I finish taking it off.

"Sorry about him. I've tried training him not to jump on people but he's stubborn. I can wash your hoodie if you want." He says. I nod my head and give him a 'thank you' as I hand him my hoodie.

He pats his dog, Dude I assume , on the head and makes his way to the door at the end of the hallway with my hoodie in hand.

"He's cute. What breed is he?" I ask, finally petting the giant dog. He lays his head in my lap in return.

"He's a Weiler Dane. A Great Dane and Rottweiler mix. But he's a big good for nothing baby. 'Protective breed' my ass." He mumbles that last bit. I chuckle at his punch to the dog.

He puts my hoodie in the washer and makes his way back to the living room. "Anyways, I was going to say that there's a gaming system in the cabinet under the tv if u wanted to play."

"That'd be great. Do you have Mortal combat?" I ask him. He gives me a 'who doesn't?' look before bending down to open the cabinets.

And Oh. My. God.

I can't look away. His curves are on bright display as he grabs the gaming system. His waist is tiny, but in other places...

He turns around, system in hand, and finds me staring. He gives me smirk causing me to quickly turn away. I feel my face heating up and I swear, i'm as red as the collar on Dudes neck.