Like I can be your kid

The first two days passed, both TK and Carlos had taken them off to be with Kurt and help him get used to his new home, his habits and to solve any doubts he had.

The boy was distant although he had created a good relationship with Luna, he asked him and asked him everything. He looked at Dani with some suspicion, but when Kurt thought no one noticed, he would stare at him while he was walking down a staircase or moving with difficulty because of his hip.

Carlos and TK had decided to give him time. They both knew perfectly well that their situation was by no means easy and they couldn't get the foggiest idea of what it was like to be a pregnant teenager who felt lost in a strange house after everything that had happened.

"Are you sure you want to stay by yourself?" Carlos asked after his captain asked him to return to work because there was a colleague on leave.

"Sure, I've been an adolesnce myself that wasn't easy on my parents, I think I know a thing or two about that."

"Okay, but if you need anything, let me know."

"We'll be fine, with Luna and Dani at school, I have all day to start gaining Kurt's trust and getting to know him."

TK sounded optimistic and excited. The idea of fostering Kurt had been his although Carlos had immediately jumped on board with the reality that the boy needed a family to care for him and the baby growing inside him.

Kurt was sleeping when everyone left. Carlos took the kids to school and they decided to let him sleep and rest those first few days.

They had talked to Tara after learning of the death of Kurt's younger sister and to find out if their mother was still alive in the hospital. They didn't know if they hoped he was or if it would be better for him to rest.

That gave TK time to do some online shopping with things he imagined the boy might like and that would also be good for him during the pregnancy. Tara had confirmed what they already knew, Kurt was suffering from malnutrition.

But before taking him to a doctor, certain that it would make him even more nervous, they left it up to Tommy to come up with a menu that would really help the boy regain the weight he was missing and help the baby as well.

After that, he cleaned the house. It was already clean but he wanted Kurt to feel like he was in a real home, to feel comfortable and at ease.

Around eleven o'clock he heard noises upstairs and nervously smiled. He hadn't had much time to share with him and had seen him more attached to Carlos since the night he had run away.

He wasn't surprised, after all, Carlos was the alpha of the family and therefore Kurt felt protected by him.

He waited for Kurt at the bottom of the stairs to say good morning to him, but the boy walked past him as if he hadn't seen him.

"Hey, Kurt, good morning."

The boy answered him with a grunt and made his way toward the kitchen.

TK kept his cool and smiled and followed him.

"I've done a little shopping on the internet. I don't know your tastes all that well yet let alone what you need with pregnancy but remembering my pregnant days..."

"You don't need to tell me stories. I just want some coffee and toast. I can make my own."

"How about since you've just arrived in this house let us take care of you? Besides coffee doesn't strike me as the best choice in your condition."

Kurt turned around with an almost threatening gesture, but stayed where he was. TK saw him clench his fists, he knew he wasn't a violent boy, so he wasn't worried, but he was left at the expense of knowing how he reacted.