Chapter 21: a second chance at life

Brain pov)

For what felt like forever, brain was sleeping as he thought; he was cold and lost within darkness. The last thing he saw was going against a big blue giant and losing; he knew he would lose, but now...he felt his job was done, and he could rest.

But then his eyes started to open when a Rey of warm light shone on him. Within the darkness, he started to feel like he was waking up. A humming sound could be heard around him, he couldn't see it or find it, but the song was beautiful.

He forced his eyes open, not seeing much but blurry; he could see the ceiling and still hear the humming. He looked to the side, unable to move his body, and saw a beautiful woman sitting in a chair while holding a baby.

She had tan dark skin and white hair that went to her back; she wore a pink and white sleeveless dress.

She sang to the child and held it close to her chest. Brain watched as she showed love to the baby, her eyes turned to him as he saw she had aquamarine eyes; they shined like gems.

She smiled at him and got up from her chair as he saw she had angelic wings. She put the baby in its Crib. From what he could see, there were two. She finished singing, making sure they were sleeping before looking at brain.

"How are you feeling?"

She asked him in a whisper. He couldn't speak she was beautiful even up close. Her scent was strawberries.

"Sorry, I guess you can't move yet. The healing works slowly on humans."

She said, coming closer, she ran her fingers down his chest. Brain didn't know who she was but she was a goddess in his eyes.

"I'll check on you later, but for now."

She said as she touched the side of his face

"Rest ok."

She moved away and headed to the door, leaving the room. Brain couldn't speak as he tried but gave up and just fell back to sleep seeing the image of the angel he met.

It felt like another hour before he woke up again. His goddess was caring for her baby's again as he still couldn't speak. He tried to move and found it useless. He watched her as she sang to the babies before putting them in their cribs. She turned to him and talked to him for a while, brain found out her name was Angel.

To Bain, it felt like he knew her but didn't remember. She touched his hand and tried to see if he could move when he couldn't, she started to become worried but kept a smile on her face.

"Thank you for watching over my babies. If they wake you from their crying, I'm sorry"

She apologized, he didn't know why she was being so kind. There was so much he wanted to ask her but couldn't. He was like a doll to her after 4 days. While Angel was trying to see if brain could move, she was at a loss until the door opened.