The Game: a loss that cuts deep || Episode 35

Lukyan and Dolion stood in front of the rusty gates, with Lukyan holding tightly onto the bouquet of white lillies and purple heliotropes. Dolion looks over at Lukyan before speaking: “..Are you ready, Lukyan?” Lukyan remained silent for a moment, before taking a deep breath and speaking: “..Yeah. Let's go.” and with that, Lukyan walked towards the rusty gates, with Dolion by his side.

Lukyan and Dolion walk on the path that had been craved out, the clouds are dark, causing an oddly sorrowful and dreadful atmosphere in the air as the cold breeze gently blows past Lukyan and Dolion. After a few minutes of walking, Lukyan finally stops, looking down at the grave before him and Dolion. A name is carefully engraved on it, one that Lukyan had seen multiple times before. A short silence follows, before Lukyan speaks up: “..Hi, mom.” Dolion remains silent, looking at the name that's engraved in the old stone. Lukyan takes a step forward, kneeling on the ground and carefully placing the bouquet flowers on top of the grave. Lukyan speaks up once more: “I brought my friend again today. I hope you don't mind.” another somber silence fills the air. “..I really wish you could meet him, Mom.” Lukyan's voice slightly cracks, he places a hand over his eyes, not wanting Dolion to see the tears that had formed. “He's been taking care of me while you're gone. I really hope you can see I'm doing okay.” Lukyan's hand slightly shakes as he tries to keep his composure. Dolion takes a step forward as well, kneeling down beside Lukyan and placing an arm over his shoulders, pulling him into a hug. Lukyan places his head on Dolion's shoulder, before he suddenly let's out a somber chuckle and speaks again: “Sorry you have to see me like this, Dolly..” he trails off, and a short silence follows. Dolion then speaks up: “..Lukyan, you will never be a bother to me, ever. You're my best friend, I won't let you suffer through everything alone. We've been through hell together, remember? We'll stick together, I promise.” Dolion looks down at Lukyan. Lukyan sighs, fully turning to Dolion and looking at him before speaking: “I really sometimes feel like I don't deserve you, Dolion.” Dolion slightly furrows his eyebrows, also turning to face him before moving closer, placing a hand on the back of Lukyan's head and pulling him into a hug. Dolion wraps his right arm around Lukyan's waist, while his left hand stays on the back of Lukyan's head, then he speaks: “You deserve everything good coming your way. You are worth it, Lukyan.” Lukyan stays frozen for a moment, before also wrapping his arms around Dolion and resting his head on his shoulder. Silence fills the cold air, Dolion feels Lukyan's tears stain his turtleneck sweater. The cold breeze gently blows, causing Lukyan's and Dolion's hair to lightly flutter in the wind, yet the only thing they have their attention on is each other. Dolion speaks up again, asking: “Your mother..do you remember her?” Lukyan falls silent, before speaking up: “..No, She died giving birth to me.” Dolion replies soberly: “I see..I'm sorry for asking you that.” Lukyan nods, not being able to reply, in fear of accidentally making it much more obvious than before that he's crying. Dolion speaks up again: “Lukyan, I want you to know that whatever happens, I'll be by your side. I won't let you get into trouble, and I'll always be there whenever you need me. Whether you need me at three am, or whether you need me at six in the morning. I'll be there.” Lukyan takes a deep breath, before responding: “You're already always there for me. And the only thing I really need, is your presence, what more can I possibly ask for?” Dolion slightly tightens his grip around Lukyan, looking over at the back of his head. Lukyan has a slight, yet solemn, smile on his face. Dolion then looks over at the bouquet of flowers, before asking: “Lukyan..why did you pick the heliotropes?” Lukyan replies, before sniffling: “..My father told me she used to grow them in her garden.” Dolion falls silent again, nodding slightly.
After a short silence, Lukyan finally let's go off of Dolion and speaks: “Well..we should probably return now. It's getting cold.” Dolion asks, still not letting go off of Lukyan: “..Should I stay overnight again?” Lukyan's smile slightly widens, but it is no longer so solemn. “..Yes, please.” Lukyan agrees, and with that, Dolion lets go off of Lukyan and stands up. He reaches his hand over to Lukyan, and Lukyan grabs his hand, standing up with his help. Dolion then places his arm around Lukyan's shoulders, pulling him closer and speaking: “Hey. Let's get some food on the way home, alright? I haven't eaten yet.” Lukyan nods, speaking: “Sure, We'll get whatever you want.” Dolion hums a bit in thought before speaking: “hm..I was thinking of that place you like so much.” Lukyan replies, seeming a bit more cheerful now: “Yeah, sure. I've been craving their food for a while now, so it's a win-win.” Dolion speaks again: “It's decided then. Let's go.” and with that, him and Lukyan walk back to the path craved amongst the different graves.

Darya looks outside of her window, looking up at the sky that's covered with dark clouds. She thinks to herself: “Today's day feels oddly sad..even the weather today is acting dramatic. It looks like it's gonna rain soon..”