The Game: health || episode 46

Darya's mother's eyebrows slightly furrow in concern as she looks at her daughter while speaking: “You've been passing out a lot more lately, and I'm beginning to worry a lot for you. I think we should visit a doctor to see whether or not it's something related with your health.” Darya blinks, realizing she was worried for nothing as she responds: “Okay sure..” she trails off, before adding, “but mom, I'm sure its nothing bad.” Darya's mother gives her daughter a sceptical look, her expression already telling everything Darya needs to know. “Last time I just got scared a little too much by one of those...” Darya trails off, not knowing what to call the creatures, before eventually deciding to use a simple word, finishing her sentence: “things.” she simply says, looking at her mother. Darya's mother sighs, crossing her arms while replying: “Still, We should check just to make sure. It might not just be your gift, with how often you've been passing out at school, it could actually be a medical issue.” Darya definitely couldn't argue against that. She simply sighs, lowering her head onto the table in front of her as she uses her arms as a cushion for her chin, mumbling back a response with a frown as her mind goes back to the terrifying situation she had found herself stuck in just a few minutes ago: “I don't know if this ability is a gift, or a curse anymore.” Darya's mother takes a sip of her tea before responding to her daughters remark: “Of course it's a gift. That's what your name means after all.” Darya raises her eyebrows at the new piece of information her mother had just thrown at her. She looks over at her mother, asking: “My name means gift? How?” Darya's mother smiles, before going on to explain: “Дарья. Дар-и-я. Your name means 'Дар' in Russian.” [“Darya. Dar-i-ya. Your name means 'gift' in Russian.”] Darya blinks, feeling surprised at this revelation as she asks her mother a question: “..so my name means 'Gift and me'? My name means that I'm your gift?” Darya's mother nods, confirming Darya's understanding of what she meant. Darya can't help but feel touched as she finds out her name meaning, a slight smile unconsciously spreading on her lips as the new piece of information can't help but make her feel loved and appreciated. Suddenly, Darya's mind wanders back to Lukyan as she thinks about her name meaning, and she can't help but wonder: “I wonder if Lukyan's name means anything. It's a really unique name..I don't think I've heard it anywhere before.” Darya's mother sighs, returning back to the topic and interrupting Darya's thoughts: “I will make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible. I'll let you know when we have one. For now, just rest up, okay?” Darya blinks, staring at her mother for a few seconds as she takes everything in. After a few seconds, she sits up, before nodding and replying: “Okay. I'll go back to my room.” Darya says, feeling slightly anxious to go back to her room, wondering if the creature is still there. She stands up from the chair, turning around and heading towards the doorway, and just as she's about to leave the room, Darya's mother suddenly speaks up: “Darya.” she calls out to her, causing Darya to stop walking and look back at her over her shoulder. “...yeah?” she asks after a short pause, looking at her mother with a confused expression. Darya's mother smile, before responding: “I love you. I'll be going to Grandma's soon.” Darya blinks, before replying: “Okay, I love you too.” she says, before turning around and leaving the kitchen.

She opens the door to her room, slowly peeking into the layout, keeping her eyes wide open as she tries to spot any figure. But thankfully, she finds nothing, except for her empty, familiar room. She steps inside, closing the door behind her as her gaze flits towards the window, once again finding nothing behind it except for the grey, monotone sky. She sighs, walking towards her bed and sitting down, her gaze falling to the ground as she thinks about the conversation she just had with her mother. “The doctors...” She thinks, feeling a slight sense of anxiety rise in the pit of her chest. She lifts her legs up on her bed, wrapping her arms around them and pulling them close to her chest as she lowers her head. She thinks about the worried look on her mothers face, feeling a slight ache in her heart. “I wish I was just normal.” she thinks to herself, burying her face into her knees, the familiar feeling of feeling out of place returning as she remembers the last few times she had passed out at school.