coming out- hellie

You're the daughter of helen McCrory, your 16. You've recently discovered that you don't like men, at least in a romantic way. You don't look at men the way you look at women. You're too scared to come out. That's the only problem.

You know your mum and dad are so loving, they wouldn't care, but something inside you is restricting yourself from telling them. So you went to the one person, other than your mum, to talk to. That's why now you're on the way to your mothers best friend, Helena Bonham carter. She's been looking out for you since you were just a baby.

When you get to her house, her son, billy, answers. "Oh hey y/n, come in" he says and hugs you. You and Billy are around the same age. "Where's Helena?" You asks after greeting him. "She's in the kitchen" billy says and you smile as you walk in to the kitchen and billy goes upstairs.

"Oh hi y/n darling! How are you?" Helena asks, taking her washing up gloves off and chucking them on the side to bring you into a hug. "Whats the matter?" She asks as she could feel you hugging much tighter then normal.

"I need to talk to you" you say and she nods. "Want to sit in the living room?" She asks and you nod. You both sit on the sofa.

"Don't make fun of me" you say. "No darling of course not, take your time" she says calmly, knowing your scared. "I like women" you blurt out and hellie strokes your arm. "I'm so proud of you, I'm glad you got the courage to tell me" she says and you smile at her as she brings you into a hug.

"What did mum say?" Helena asks. "I'm too scared to tell her, I mean it's a big thing no?" You ask unsure of yourself. "it can be darling but I bet your mum will support and love you no matter what" Helena says still hugging you.

"How do you know that though?" You ask. "Let me tell you a little story" hellie says and you look at her and nod. "before I met tim, and had billy and nelly, I was confused with my sexuality.  It took me ages to think things out and try to know what things I like and what I don't. It's took me a long time. The first person I told was your mum. She was so supportive darling, she listened to everything I had to say. We sat there, sometimes late into the night just talking about different things to do with what I was trying to figure out. Trust me darling, your mum will love you unconditionally" hellie says and you feel better.

"Did that really happen?" You ask and hellie nods. "Thank you Helena" you say and she pulls you into another hug. "Of course sweetheart, I'm always here you know that" she says, kissing your head. You nod and receive a warm smile back.

A/N to celebrate me coming out to my aunt💕