Flashback

Monami glanced at Karan who was driving and looking ahead on the road.

As she looked at his chiseled jaw, the events of the earlier part of the day flashed before her eyes.

It was just a few hours back that she had felt heartbroken, lost and aimless. Packing for London, her heart ached like never before. She felt helpless like a drowning person trying to stay afloat. She didn't want to leave but after her father's blackmail (to sue Karan and Parakram academy), protecting Karan was the only priority for her. She was leaving behind her life, her academy, Sid , her home and also any hope of getting together with Karan, as she tried to pack her essentials in the bag. It was Diwali in two days but her heart was exploding right there. How will she explain this to Sid? Will Karan care that she left? He had seemed hurt when he walked out of her room in the hospital. Will he only become a memory now?

Every step seemed heavy as she checked her passport and walked to her car. She prayed one last time to the deity at her home before she left. She just wanted them safe - academy, Sid , and Karan.

She sat in her comfortable car which tried to speed up. Monami realised that her teddy bear charm was missing , the charm given to her by Baby and Karan and she screamed "Stop!"

"Excuse Me?" Karan asked, looking at her glum face "Are you okay, Monami?" . Monami realised she was just having a flashback of her dreadful moments some time back. She also realised now she was safe and happy, with Karan, who was driving her to the academy. Monami's worried face turned in to a smile. With a big smile, Monami nodded "I am good Karan". Karan smiled back at her and Monami couldn't stop a chuckle. He smiled so rarely.

"Thank you, Karan", she really felt gratitude towards Karan. "Thank you for being my strength back at the house and motivating me. I can't believe I was so firm with my father."

Karan smiled back. "Maine kaha tha na, ki tumhe jab koi problem hogi to mujhe apne saath paogi". "I wouldn't let my cadet go off so easily."

Monami had another flashback of the moment when Karan called her the best cadet of the academy. Monami thought "Khadoos pe thoda impression to ban hi gaya hai" and smiled.

She looked at Karan again who was softly smiling while driving and looking straight ahead. At that moment, he didn't seem Khadoos at all. Only the most 'kind'.

.............TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT CHAPTER.....