The hidden pain

Karan noticed Monami smiling at him.
"Kuch kehna chahti ho?" He asked.

Monami who was admiring Karan's smile blushed a bit  on realising that Karan was noticing her. She changed the topic, "Face pe kya hua? Chot kaise lagi?"

Karan flustered a bit before answering, "Cadet Monami Mahajan, ek commando ki life mein har galti ki saza hoti hai."

Monami wondered what was Karan punished for and who would punish Karan? Did he hurt himself because he fired that bullet at her? Would he hurt himself for it? Oh no, why would he hurt himself, she brushed aside the thought.

She replied to Karan instead, "Shouldn't the lesson be more important than punishment?"
Karan agreed, "Wo saza hi yaad dilati hai ki galti doharayi na jaaye".
"Is it hurting? Main academy pahunch ke ointment laga doongi." Monami was worried for Karan
"It's not hurting more than you have been hurting for past couple of days" Karan snapped and they both went silent.

Monami was surprised to realise that Karan had been thinking about her pain. Karan wondered why he said so much, he normally never did.

Monami felt touched by Karan's words. The tough man that Karan shows himself to be, he would never show how he cares about others. At that moment, she just wanted to take care of Karan and take away any pain he is feeling.

Karan reminded himself to be careful. He didn't understand why he felt different around Monami. He was happy that he was able to get his cadet back and that's all that was important for now.

Lost in their own thoughts, they continued on their journey

_________ TO BE CONTINUED___________