introduction

June 24, 2022

June 24, 2022

Sophie "Sweets" Friedman was not one to cry over fights but when her boyfriend Mikey slams the door of her apartment and runs out without so much as a goodbye she couldn't help it. She had told him that he needed to stop drinking so much and doing drugs, he had become a different man and she didn't want to see him dead and it struck a nerve. He told her that she didn't really care about him. That he was completely fine and was perfectly healthy. They screamed and yelled at each other until Mikey left. She tried to run after him but he was already gone.

She began calling him over and over in hopes that he would pick up, which he did not. She was crying so hard she could barely breathe. Her entire body was shaking. They had never gotten into a fight that was so bad that he ran out and wouldn't respond to her. On what felt like the 50th call, he picked up.

"Mikey! Mikey, Baby where are you? Please talk to me."
she said into the phone

"I-I'm sorry Soph I can't do this any longer." he said
"Do what Mikey? What's wrong? Come back..please just talk to me"
she said frantically

"I can't- I'm fucking sick Soph and I can't keep living like this. Or letting you
Live like this. I can't burden you anymore." he cried into his phone

"Mikey, you don't burden me. I love you more than anything. I just want to
Help you. Please let me help you" She put on her shoes and grabbed her keys,
Walking out of her apartment and ran out "Where are you?"

"State Street Bridge" he mumbled "Just let me go..please"

"No Mikey don't do anything please. I'll be there in a few minutes okay?
Just stay with me here. Stay on call" she pleaded

"There's no use Soph..It'll be too late by the time you're here."

"Mikey don't fucking say that." she was running to the bridge "I'll be there in five minutes. Wait"

"I love you Soph. More than anyone.Just know that"

"Mikey please i'll be there don't do anything" she begged

"Just say it back" he asked "I love you Mikey. So much. I can
Help you. Don't do anything...Fuck" She was hysterical

"Tell Richie and Sugar that I love them..and Carm even though
He's a pain in my ass. Tell him that i'm so proud of him and I just want
The best for him and that I fucking love him." he was crying while saying his
Final goodbyes

"Mikey i'm like a minute away just wait for me okay? Then you can tell
Carmy those things yourself. I'm sure he would love that" She could see Mikey on the bridge talking to her on the phone and began running faster

"It's too late Soph. I love you. Goodbye"

"No! Mikey please!" she screamed

A single gunshot went off both on the phone and in front of her. She looked at the limp figure on the bridge from far away and she froze. She ran faster than she even had in her entire life over to that bridge. She found Mikey on it, a gunshot in his head. She fell down to the floor and shrieked. She began crying uncontrollably at the sight. She put his head in her lamp and stroked his cold face. "Come back. Come back. Come back. Please" she muttered repeatedly. She grabbed her phone and dialed 911.