Blossom of heartbreak

Zander's Pov

Zander's Pov

"Father" a whisper left my mouth. And before I could say something else. His hand stroke me right across the cheek. He forgot that I am twice his size. But I won't ever raise my hands on him. I was better than that.

"Don't fucking call me father" he spat venom as if my calling him that had burnt him alive.

"I...." Before I could say once again his hand made contact with my cheek.

I can bet my cheek was red by now. I wonder what will I tell cherry.

"Now bring me a glass of water." He said walking past me and settling down on sofa. I hurriedly went to kitchen and filled up the glass. When I came back to the drawing room I saw Cherry sitting with my father hugging him.

My dad was hugging her back and looked at her with pure adoration and love. I always knew that my father wanted a child like Cherry. But he got a mentally retard and a pathetic child.

But I was never jealous of my cherry. Why would I be, when I can make as many cherry as dad or me myself want, once we are married.

They were talking when Dad looked back at me. I looked down due to his stern gaze. Cherry like a blooming person she was rushed to me and dragged me to sofa.

I handed water to dad and looked at the locked fingers of mine and cherry. It somewhat gave me confidence to face dad.

" See your dad is back." She said looking at me with love and care. She was the only person of my life who had ever given me that look, otherwise people would never even look my way.

She loves me and I can see that in her eyes. But today she had mischief written all over her face. I wonder what that is for.

"Uncle..." She said as dad looked at her. "How was your soooo long trip" she said giggling making dad chuckle and I smiled.

"It was good dear." He answered.

"I have something to tell you uncle." She said seriously and my smile slipped off. Nervousness crept in both of their veins as he gazed vehemently at her, talking to her with his eyes....

"yes daughter.... please feel free to...." he said with a smile on his face.

"I...." She gulped before looking at her fingers which were playing with one another in her lap. Gaining her strength back she finally decided to make it over. she looked at him again. "I... I love Zander." She said. Shell shocked, Mr. king abruptly stood up.