Chapter 169 : Missing Children

As soon as Fujin entered the room, he saw 6 Uchihas looking at him. He thought, 'Ugh, I forgot that her squad is an all-Uchiha squad! I hope that it doesn't attract any unwanted attention.'

Among the 6 Uchihas, 3 seemed to be in their 30s, two in their 20s and the last one was just a year older than Fujin.

One of them said, "So this is Fujin? Not bad, his chakra is quite high for his age."

Fujin wondered, 'Hmm, he can tell chakra without using his eyes or sensing?'

Mieko said, "Yes, Uncle Akihiko."

She looked at Fujin and said, "Fujin, this is Uncle Akihiko. Just like sensei, he is an Elite Jounin too. He will be heading this mission."

Fujin nodded and respectfully said, "Pleased to meet you, Akihiko-san."

Uchiha Akihiko smiled and said, "No need to be formal Fujin. You can call me Uncle as well."

Fujin replied with a smile, "Alright Uncle Akihiko."

While he was speaking, he thought, 'Not bad. I was afraid that all of them would be arrogant to the core.'

At that moment, the Uchiha, who was slightly older than Fujin, scoffed and said, "Mieko, are you sure that he is strong? We don't want any slackers joining us. Besides, can he really replace Uncle Tienosuke?"

Fujin looked at him and thought, 'Nevermind. I concluded too soon.'

Mieko rebuked him, "Shunko, you can't even defeat me. Fujin is even stronger than me."

Akihiko calmed the kids down, "Calm down. Shunko, learn to work with your teammates. And Mieko, don't insult your teammates. Fujin, don't mind Shunko."

Fujin nodded. There wasn't much change in his expression, but he was surprised, 'Who'd have thought that she would admit that she was weaker than me.'

Akihiko asked, "Mieko, you and Fujin can do the Fire-Wind combination jutsu, right?"

Mieko and Fujin nodded. Akihiko said, "Alright. Tienosuke could do the Fire-Wind combination jutsu with all 3 of us. But, that was due to us taking missions together for years. We won't be able to reach the same efficiency with Fujin in this little time. So this combination jutsu will be left to you guys."

Mieko grinned and replied, "Don't worry, we got it."

Akihiko said, "The mission is an emergency. It is a rank A mission issued by Kusagakure. Over a hundred kids younger than the age of six have suddenly gone missing and all their attempts at investigation have failed. Instead, some of the search teams have gone missing as well. Our mission is to investigate this event and rescue those kids.

We will leave the village in 30 minutes. Gather your supplies and weapons and meet at the village gate as soon as you can."

Everyone nodded and left. Mieko looked at Fujin and guessed, "You are carrying all the supplies that you need."

Fujin nodded, "Yup. What about you?"

Mieko grinned and said, "Same here. Let's race to the gate."

She flickered before Fujin could reply. Fujin sighed and flickered as well. He very quickly caught up with Mieko and commented softly, "Why do you arrange a competition that you have no chance of winning."

He overtook Mieko but didn't create a huge difference between them. Mieko snorted at his confidence. She tried hard to catch up, but Fujin's physique as well as the mastery of Body Flicker jutsu was better than hers.

Fujin reached the Village Gate. However, he wasn't the first one there. Akihiko and the other two older Uchihas were already at the gate. Mieko reached a few seconds after Fujin.