53

Penelope words were stuck in hopes' mind all morning 'If something is meant to be it will find its way back' She glanced at the phone once more and for a second she believed that it would ring, That Lizzie would eventually come back.

but as she stared, no one rang. Hope sighed and her hope slowly faded away. With a heavy heart, she decided to focus on her work instead, maybe something good would come out of it.

Little did hope know that a surprise was awaiting her later that day and it was going to change everything for her...

After hours of tedious paperwork, the office phone suddenly rang and Hope hesitantly picked it up. "hello, this is Hope Labonair." there was silence then someone spoke up.

"It's Josie... we need to talk." now hope didn't know what to say, she stared at her telly-phone. "I'm busy right now." hope spoke finally, trying to keep her cool. Josie sighed "Okay, well can we meet another day, just me and you."

Hope was taken aback by such a request. But before she could answer, Josie said "How about tomorrow night at 7? I'll come to you."

"Okay, I also need to tell you something but..." hope stopped when she heard a second voice, "Jo, do you want to go get something to eat." it was Lizzie, hopes' heartbeat started racing.

"Josie! Can I talk to Lizzie please." hope asked pleadingly.

but the phone call ended, leaving her wanting Lizzie even more, but now she had to wait for tomorrow night to find out what was so important.

"you did what rebekah!" Klaus yelled at his younger sister, she wouldn't tell him last night and made him wait till the morning.

"I thought what I was doing was right, she was an employee and hopes the boss. That's a scandal in waiting." rebekah replied, still trying to justify her actions.

Klaus groaned "It would have been better if you had just talked to hope first, rather than snooping around in my company" he sighed "and now my daughter wants you to suffer." Klaus laughed the looked at his sister.

"are you going to help me, tell her not. family forever." the hybrid looked at his sister and then shrugged, "What am I meant to say, she's annoyed at me, wants you to be tortured and she won't answer any of Hayley's calls."

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "We have to do something about this, even if hope won't talk to me, I can't just sit here and do nothing!" she exclaimed. "she's probly already plotting." Klaus looked at his sister then at the time. "stay safe sister, don't want to have to un-dagger you." he smiled and then walked away. 

Lizzie walked into the front room where Josie was getting ready, "where are you going." Josie turned around and looked at her sister, "Shopping, I start my new job tomorrow." Lizzie just nodded and smile. "well have fun, see you tonight." Josie just nodded.

they just stared at each other until Lizzie went to the kitchen where she let out i breath, she looked at her phone to show she had 9 hours till they meet.

she wanted everything to be perfect, she wanted to get hopes' side of the story and then involve Lizzie. She didn't want hope to lie her way back into her sister's heart, because Lizzie deserved better than a liar.

as hope walked into her office she looked at her fathers that was right next to hers, someone was in there, she opened the door and looked around. "I know your in hear, I can hear your heartbeat." the person unmasked, it showed her favourite aunt. "Aunt Freya." I smile broke on to hopes' face as she went to give her a hug.

"haven't seen you in a while." Freya smiled and stroked the tribrids hair, "I've missed you beautiful. but I heard your threatening family." hope took a step back.

"well, i was going to just mentally torture her, i can't be bothered to bewitch daggers and knives and collect vervain." Freya's eyes widened as she looked at her niece, "your joking right!" hope shook her head as her smile faded away.

" Aunt Freya, if Lizzie doesn't want to talk to me i won't bother her. Its all up to her and I just want what's best for her. Hope sighed heavily as the aunt interlocked their hands together with a comforting smile on both of their faces, "but if she doesn't want to talk to me again i know who to blame."

"but enough of that, what are you doing here." hope asked, "your father wanted to get some paperwork, but he said you need space." hope raised her eyebrows. "well three out of the family did betray me, Rebekahs' one being the top of the list." Freya shook her head.

"she was doing what she thought was best for you, and the company." a humourous laugh left hope, "she doesn't even know what's good for herself, i don't need her interfering with my personal life."

"hope!" Freya looked at her niece who stared back at her, "it's true, she needs to focus on her husband and not me." 

it was around 6:30 and hope was on her way home, she was speeding down the road to get to her house sooner, she wanted to get in a quick shower and change clothes.

hopes phone began to ring and she looked down, it was Josie, she answered it and it went through the car. "I'm on my way home, ill be there in about ten minutes." hope spoke looking at the road, "just call me when you are outside unless you haven't realised I'm on call." the tribrid waited a minute and then she hung up.

when she pulled up to her house she parked her car and jumped out, walking to her door and unlocking it.

 a few minutes after it turned seven the doorbell rang and hope vamps sped over, the door opened and Josie was standing there with Chinese in her hand and a bag.

hope stepped out of the way and Josie walked in and looked around, "you live here, all by yourself." hope nodded and smiled, "My best friend, Roman use to live and work for me but he wanted to travel the world." Josie nodded and the two of them walked to the seating area.

josie put down her bag and food, "This is for you, something good to eat after your long day." she smiled before looking around admiringly, "Not bad for a single person with no kids or wife." hope paused, "well my dad and mum helped me decorate and I would have had kids but-" hope just shrugged and looked at the food Josie gave her.

Hope was grateful for the gesture and thanked her, she took the food over to the dining table and offered Josie a seat. Hope turned to Josie then with a curious expression, "So, what did you want to tell me." josie looked at the girl, "i wanted you to tell me what happened because lizzie didn't quit." hope nodded, "i know, whiles i was worried about you and Lizzie, my aunt rebekah took over for me." josie nodded along as hope told the story, "she didn't think it i should mix business with pleasure. but your mother was the one who signed the documents." Josie shook her head, "no my mum loves you."

"she might have, but after you guys got in the crash she didn't." josie looked away, "so you still love Lizzie." a small smile graced hopes face, "i love her so much, more than i ever thought i could." Josie laughed, "Then why don't you tell her!" hope laughed too, "I plan to."

Josie smiled "Now eat, I've been craving this and couldn't turn up to your house empty-handed." 

-

this has been my longest chapter in a while...