Threaded desires

His focused eyes kept themselves on the road. They glimmer like gems under the sun. It is joy that has sparked such a bright reaction from them. After all, how can the prestigious Knight of the Créme Republic not feel joy when the hands of none other than Espresso are glued around his waist?

There is a stillness in the air between them. The sound of hooves clapping against marble eases the tension just a little. The horse that is carrying both of their flustered bodies comes to a stop when they reach a pole where it can be tied to. A few meters away is the entrance to the famous boutique that Madeleine insisted to take his friend to.

Espresso, still confused by the surge of emotions and the sudden decision that he only took half a part in, to come here, stops in his tracks just a bit further from the horse.

'Are you coming, friend?' Madeleine said carefully as if he's talking to a deer ready to run away.

'One moment.' Espresso stalls for time, something that is completely unexpected of him. He always talks about making haste, having no time for this or that. Somehow, being with the Commander changes the rules of the life he's been so steadily living.

'Of course. I am always here if you require my assistance.' The knight grins. His warm smile puts the coffee lover at ease, but it is short lasting. He sees the uncertainty in Espresso's gaze as he remains unmoving from his spot. Madeleine wonders what the man could be thinking.

Maybe I should have been more patient.

He gulps, throat dry with anticipation for what the mage might say next. The knight fears for his efforts to meet him again.

What if he walks away, rejecting the invitation to the wedding?

His tall body shivers. Right as he goes to speak up, Espresso interrupts him with a sigh. 'In the case that things get out of hand, I will not hesitate to leave. I have decided to come to the wedding for the sake of courtesy, not to appear flashy and put on a show for the guests.' He says so with a tone that assumes the message "Unlike you".

The message flies above the excited knight's head. 'Why, of course!' He giggles, all shiny and jolly to hear such a positive turn of events. 'Let us go in then.'

Espresso glances at the horse one last time. Her tail flickers, chasing off a fly that was annoying her. He huffs, and soon enough, he is met with the inside of Maison Barron. The floor is a clear white marble, sweeped and
mopped to perfection. The walls around are just as dustless, with shelves that house an array of neatly folded fabrics. As they went in, they wiped their feet on a red carpet that wrote "Happy to sew you" with black letters. The magician's pace slowed profusely when the humming of an older lady approached them. Madeleine, as expected, began to cheerfully greet her. His shiny presence is only back up to his sunny personality.

Mont Blanc, dressed to the boot with impeccable style in both her clothes and hair, comes out from behind a curtain across them with a half surprised, half genuinely excited grin. 'Oh my! I did not expect customers at such an hour. Welcome, welcome!' Her smile only grows the more she checks out Madeleine's broad physique and muscular torso. Even behind that white shirt, he can't fool anyone. 'And goodness. How you have grown Madeleine. I may need to take measurements again.' She laughs, and the Knight joins her right after. As soon as she sees Espresso, however, her eyes change instantly as if an epiphany just reached her from the heavens. 'Espresso!' She almost jumps as she says his name. Her dress bobs up and down as she swiftly approaches him to do the same evaluation she did with Madeleine. 'I must say, I thought I had scared you off last time. I was hoping you were only busy with work. After all, you always wear the same outfit everywhere.' She refers to the classic brown cloak and suit.