Got rid of him

Today I felt numb the whole day. I couldn't feel anything knowing that Carlos is here and knows my every move.

I was cautious the whole day. I was in the kitchen with Alex and he was rambling on about work. Which was okay but it wasn't distracting me. I accidentally dropped a glass. My grip just became weak.

"I'm so sorry." I kept apologizing and i immediately cleaned up the glass. "No no it's okay." Alex said.

I started crying about everything. This arrangement, my dad, and Carlos. "Alex I'm sorry." I cried. "No." He said.

He picked me up and pulled me in a hug. He rubbed my back. "Alex I'm so sorry." I cried. "For what?" He asked. "Just making your life more confusing. I'm making you have a arranged marriage, dealing with my dad, and Carlos." I apologized. I regretted every having him deal with this.

"Rory don't say that." Alex said holding my cheeks. "Rory you didn't make my life more confusing. You made it better now that you're here." He said. "But why do you put up with my shit." I backed up.

He sighed and pulled me in. "I care for you. I care about you. I want to help you so badly." He said. I sniffled and sighed. "You sure?" I asked. "Yes my love." He told me then pulled me in a hug.
__________________________________
Alex and I were on the couch when we heard a crash upstairs. "What was that?" I asked. "Not sure let's get Devi and Milo." Alex said.

We quietly got Devi and Milo and we all walked upstairs. Devi and I were behind him. Alex grabbed his gun and so did Milo.

Alex kicked open the door and it was Carlos. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the whole gang." Carlos spoke.

"Get out of here before I kill you right here right now." Alex pointed his gun to Carlos.

Milo reached into his pocket and singled Devi to take his phone. She did so then handed it to me to call the police. I took the phone and went behind the wall.

"911 what's your emergency?" They asked. "There is an intruder in my house." I explained. "Okay where are you. Are they armed?" The 911 operator asked. "He is armed and I live at (address)."

"Im sending cops now. About two minutes." They said. "Okay thank you." I said and hung up. I have Devi a look that says that cops are coming. She nodded and we stayed behind the walls as Alex and Milo are dealing with Carlos.

Then officers barged through the door and arrested Carlos. I exhaled my breath as I held on to Alex.

"Miss we need more information." One of the officers said. I looked at Alex with a worried expression. "Go." Alex told me and smiled. I walked down the stairs with  the officer. I explained to him how I knew Carlos and what he's done to me in the past.

"Okay thank you. Are you okay though?" The officer asked. "Yes I'm okay." I said. "Okay thank you for your time." The officer said and left.

I sighed and headed back to Alex to talk everything out. He was also explaining the situation to some officers.
_______
I was in my room when I wanted to watch a movie with Alex because I was pretty bored.

I walked downstairs and saw Alex on the couch on his phone. "Uh Alex?" I called out. "Yes?" He said. "Uh can we watch a movie?" I asked.

He looked at me with a sorry face. "Shit Rory I'm really sorry but I have to go into my office. But I can stay in my office here." He said and got up."No it's okay. But can you work here?" I asked.

"Of course." He said and kissed my forehead. He walked into his office leaving me a red tomato. I turned around and walked back into my room.

__________________________________
I felt pretty bored so I walked down to Alex's office and knocked slightly on the door. "What." He said rudely. I walked in and his eyes softened. "Oh, I didn't know it was you. What's up?" He asked while facing me.

"I'm just kinda bored." I admitted. I had no other good reason. "And? What am I supposed to do about it?" He scoffed. For some reason I felt a sharp pain in my chest. He's never been cold to me in quite some time. "Oh okay also I have a few more questions." I said.

He turned back around. "So, what are we exactly?" I asked. "What do you mean?" He asked giving me his full attention. "Like are we together or forced together?" I asked. "Not sure it's whatever you want." He said.

I wanted both of us to figure it out. Alex went back to his work. "I kinda want both of us to figure it out." I said. "Yeah but can't you see I'm fucking working?" He raised his voice a bit. It didn't really shock me. Also yeah I should've interrupted him.

"Right sorry." I said and left. He didn't even like stop me and apologize. I walked upstairs and stayed in my room for the rest of the day so far.
__________________________________
It has been about 2 hours and still no apology. Actually I should apologize for bothering him.

I knocked on his office door and opened it. He rolled his eyes at the sight of me. "Aurora I'm working." He said. "I know I'm sorry for bothering you earlier." I said. "You're bothering me now." He said.

"Right. Well I'm gonna go." I fake smiled and left. I sighed and went to the kitchen counter. I rested my elbows on the counter. Should I make it up to him? I'll just wait till he's done.
__________________________________
I was still at the counter on my phone when he walked out. "Hey Alex-" "Can you shut up for five seconds." He cut me off. "Oh, sorry." I said. "What do you want?" He asked grabbing water. "Nothing just wanted to say hi." I said. "Okay, well bye." He said and walked back into his office. I sighed again and went upstairs to take a shower.
__________________________________
It was now 11:00pm and Alex was still working. I really wanted to check up on him but he would just be rude so I texted him.

Rory
Hey, why don't you come to bed it's pretty late

Alex
No. I'm still working.

Even a cold reply. What's up with him? He was fine this morning? Eh he's probably tired. I turned off my lights and fell asleep.
__________________________________
I woke up and hopefully Alex was in a better mood. I skipped downstairs and saw Alex and the counter doing paperwork. I walked beside him and kissed his cheek. But he pushed me back.

I expected he wanted me to kiss his lips instead. I took his face and kissed his lips thinking he wanted me to. But he pushed me back. "Listen I pushed you back for a reason." He said. Right. Of course.

"Sorry." I said and walked back upstairs. I guess I'm just staying in. I kept texting Alex if he was okay and needed anything.

I texted him again and this time he came up to my room. "Oh hey!" I said and smiled. Maybe he's done?

"Can you like leave? So you can stop bothering me." He said. My smile dropped. Oh. "Uh sure." I said. He sighed in relief as I got my wallet, keys, and jacket.

I walked past him and he didn't shoot me a look. I walked out of the house and just drove. For hours.
__________________________________
3 hours later I was about to run out of gas so I decided to head home.

I made it home and I walked past Alex's office and he was on the phone smiling and laughing. Maybe it was his dad checking up on him? But he looked really happy? Hm.

I brushed it off and went to bed. Great another day of alex being cold hearted again.
__________________________________
It was morning again and I'm not sure what to do. I just won't talk or give attention to Alex at all.

I walked downstairs and he was there on the counter doing his paperwork. I didn't look at him or talk i just got a glass of water and headed back upstairs. I looked back and he wasn't looking at me.

Damnit. I though if I didn't give him attention he would want me back?

I just gave up.

Author's note:
Alex is pissin me off🙄 but it's fine😜 anyways hope you guys enjoyed this chapter