Winter Festival ❄️

Your fingers trailed over your lips wanting to feel his again. It had been days and you prayed he came back soon.

Getting up you saw the small box on the table you didn't get a chance to ask him about it but the note told you not to open it until the day of the winter festival. He also noted he couldn't wait to see you in a Kimono.

The plan for the day; Tatsuki, Orihime would come over to your house to get ready and later everyone else would meet you here too. Your house was the closest to the main celebration of fireworks.

The only problem is you didn't have a Kimono! but you had time to shop for one since the festival didn't start till the evening.

You made your way into town to the seamstress. There was a long line but luckily you booked a timeslot in advance. Walking inside you saw some familiar faces. "(YN)-chan?" a meek voice called for you. It was Yuzu. You greeted them and Yuzu and Isshin hugged you. "You're scaring her let go " Karin folded her arms.

"Dad is getting us Kimonos! I'm wearing a yellow one and Karin has a purple one. They're super pretty" Yuzu showed you the drawing she made "I designed them"

"They look beautiful Yuzu" You took your phone out to show her the design you wanted for yours it was in your favourite colour.

"That would be really pretty on you, you should ask for the 'winter's night' pattern it would match Ichigo's which would be cute" She grinned. "Matching Kimonos" Isshin cried "The joys of youth"

"You don't have to listen to them" Karin told you. "Get whatever pattern you want" She dragged them back to their seats. It was a great idea and you would really like to surprise him. The seamstress called you in and took measurements.

A couple of hours later you arrived back home.
You ate the snacks you bought and laid out your kimono.

Your phone buzzed "hm?" You unlocked it pausing the video on your laptop.
Tatsuki: Where outside
You opened the door Tatsuki hugged you. You also notice the white bag with the box in it. The same box at Uryu's house. 'So it was a gift for Tatsuki'
Orihime smiled weakly at you.

"You guys can go straight to my room and we can get ready" You followed behind them up the stairs.
The three of you ate snacks and played music. You did Tatsuki's hair and makeup with Orihime's help and in turn, they did yours.

Tatsuki was the first to put on her kimono. It was the gift that Uryu got her just from the material alone you could tell it was expensive. It had an Indigo blue colour with a flower pattern. Her cheeks were stained red as she looked in the mirror. You fixed the back of her kimono as Orihime went to change.
"You look so pretty Tatsuki I know Uyru's going to be lost for words" you spoke quietly
"How-? You know?" She blushed further
"Yep! I'm happy for you"
"Thanks" she hid her face.

Orihime wore a pink Kimono with cherry blossoms. She looked amazing making you second-guess yourself. How could Ichigo not be in love with her...

You put on the kimono struggling a bit Tatsuki came to help. She pulled the band of fabric around your waist tightly. "Can't brea-the"
"You'll get used to it" she smoothed it making sure it wouldn't come undone. "Are you and Ichigo making it official today?"
"Um- um I'm not sure..we haven't talked about it"
"It would be really romantic if you did. With the festival and all"
"That's if he turns up"

Tatsuki lifts my chin up "he will- he's been looking forward to this day so you might be in for a treat at the end of the night"
"Tatsuki-!" Your ears burned
"Oh come on, you guys are like one step away from ripping each other's clothes off" she laughed.
It wasn't like it didn't cross your mind more than once today but still, you weren't counting on it.