The Heart

Now, the kisses have faded and your touch no longer lingers

all that we have left are memories

but over time memories fade too...

But Love,

Love transcends time

and so I know I'll always love you.

'Forget about you?' How could I when you're all I think about.
How could I forget the way you make my heart race...or the way you say my name when we're alone and entwined beneath the sheets.

The way you look at me, touch me, kiss me...
I don't think I could function without you.

I want you to be a permanent part of my life.
But how can I make that happen when you're going halfway across the world?

I can only hope that somehow we meet again.
Cross paths just like how we first met.

"Ichigo?" You waved a hand in front of his face.
"Y-Yeah?"
"You alright? You look spaced out"
"Hm- I'm fine. I was just thinking" Ichigo stood up. His eyes go over to your suitcases already packed.
"You have that same look as last night. Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Your thumb traced circles on the back of his hand.

"I told you it's nothing!"
You jumped back at the infliction of his voice.
Ichigo rubbed his temple, he did mean to raise his voice at you. And he knew better than to take his frustrations out on you. 

"(YN)-"
"I'm going to take my suitcases downstairs" brushing off whatever he had to say. You had a large and small one.
"Let me take it for-"
"I can do it myself" You grabbed the handle before he could, walking out of the room.

Ichigo grabbed his bag watching you leave "Fuck- why did I do that" he knew better.
Ichigo went down shortly after you. He placed his bag on the sofa. He saw you standing by the door on your phone.
"Do you want something to eat? We haven't had breakfast" Ichigo turned on the kitchen light. The sky outside was still dark.

"I'm not hungry" Your eyes focused on your phone.
The air was silent and Ichigo was not going to let you leave like this. "(YN)" he walked over, but you still didn't acknowledge him.
"(YN)" moving your suitcase to the side.
"The driver will soon arrive. So-" You felt the weight of his head on your shoulder.
"I'm sorry (YN), I didn't mean to speak to you like that" his voice was soft, and he held you close to him. "I know you were only concerned about me"

"Then tell me what's wrong?" you held him back.
"I can't"
"Why?"
"It's better if I don't say" Ichigo lifts his head.
"Okay but now that makes me even more worried" You cupped his face.
Ichigo wrapped both his arms around you "I'll be fine"

The doorbell rang and without letting you go Ichigo opened the door. A tall man in a suit stood before him, the black car parked behind him. "I've come to collect Miss (LN)" his eyes went to you.
Ichigo's arm dropped from your waist to hold your hand. With your free hand, you brought your suitcase to the door.

"That's all that I've packed. But I would like my Kimono shipped over separately as it's delicate. It's at the other house"
The man took the suitcases "I'll let your father know and I'll make the arrangements" The man looked back at Ichigo and then at you. "I'll give you 5 minutes but then we must leave" he closed the door behind him.