𝟏. chapter one

𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗡 glistened in sunlight as she waved her hand over her face. She reached over for anything that would make her satisfied with the heat. she then found a fan, but pope was fixing it. "stop touching that." pope said swatting away her hands. "but pope -" "No buts. I'm trying to fix it." she rolled her eyes and  turned the other way to her sister, Kiara. "Kie, do you have any beer?" the carrera sister nodded her head and tossed her a beer, ice cold fresh. Bowen put the beer to her head. She sighed in relief. "Holy shit, that's cold." They then heard yelling. Kiara and Bowen ran together to find John B and JJ fighting over the last beer. "No, I get to have it!" JJ said struggling. John B on the other wasn't to precise on the talking, he just wanted the beer.

Bowen walked up to the two of them and grabbed the beer out of the both of their hands. "Alright, who had it first?" she said holding the beer in her hand. "I had it first!" John B and JJ both said in sync. "Kie, who did you see that had it first?" she turned her head and asked Kiara. "I saw John B take it first." "Alright John B you get it then. And JJ next time you want beer, you ask. dumbass." she said turning to him. "mama's mad." JJ said under his breath. "What was that, JJ?" Bowen grabbed by his ear. "Nothing!" "Ok then." she then walked away to lay back down and put the beer back on her face. "She's amazing." Pope said staring at her in awe. "aw, popey boy here is in love!" JJ said smiling and grabbing the back of his neck. The rest of the pouges smiled with him. "shut up JJ!" he said covering JJ's mouth. "I heard that!" Pope blushed and everyone could see that except Bowen of course. Bowen then walked over to the radio they had and played her favorite song, High school lover by Cayucas. Pope then walks up to her and starts dancing with her. Bowen smiles and slightly blushes. The pouges smile, they knew this was gonna be the start of something new. They then joined them too and started jumping in the pool.

Bowen and Kiara eventually jumped in the pool, when pope swimmed up to bowen a couple of seconds later. "hey bowen." he said as he walked up to her. "hey, you know i actually heard you say that right?" she said swimming closer to him. "yea.." pope said looking at her lips. "well i really like yo-" pope cut her off with a kiss. "b-but i don't think im ready for a relationship right now." she said finishing her sentence. pope looked down in disbelief, and sadness. "alright then." pope said getting out of the water. JJ patted his back. Bowen got out too, and changed. 'was i too hard on him?' 'should i have said yes?' all those thoughts circled in her mind. 

----

Bowen went on the balcony to think what just happened. "hey, you ok?" Kiara said hugging her from behind. "not really, i think i was to mean." she said putting her head down in shame. "no, no you weren't, you said it the nicest way you could, sis." bowen started breaking down. Tears were all over the floor and all you could hear from their balcony was sobs and little whispers of nothings from kiara saying, 'it's okay' 'it's okay. ' bowen then asked, "could i sleep in ur room tonight?" Kiara nodded her head slowly and brung her to her room.  -- which usally had messy sheets and was cleaned rarely. Kiara tucked the carrera sister in and kissed her forehead. She then got in with her soon drifting off to sleep. JJ wanted to do the same thing and comfort her but he had seen kiara already did that.

word count: 661

published: JULY 26 2023

im so proud of this. this took so much fcking work and now my hands hurttt