CH 3. Trust and distrust

There was a pattern. That was undeniable by this point. Nise would disappear for an hour or two, a fire would be reported. If he was questioned about where he was, he would either give a defensive response or not acknowledge the question at all.

It has become apparent enough by now, in the three months that had passed, that Izuku had reported this behavior to Principal Nezu, and the chimera had distributed this knowledge to those teachers he discerned to be the best choices to inform.

Those teachers, Eraserhead, Vlad King, and Snipe, had begun following Nise during his little firetime excursions.

.

Someone or something had been following him when he left to care for his grandmother. The matriarch had seen better days, and loved to tell him so, using every chance she could to give him stories and memories of what she could still recall.

The last time he had made this journey, for his grandmother was sheltered a good hour away by train, he felt the unsettling of someone's gaze upon him, leaving him feeling jittery and nervous.

.

Dabi was wary of the surgeon. Giran had assured him that nothing bad could possibly happen, that this guy was the absolute best there was, and that it was entirely cost free. So far it had proven to be really fucking great.

There had been one little hiccup. At the very start of the procedure, the doc had nicked him with something. And when the human crematorium had turned to glare at him, there was nothing in his hands.

Then Dabi promptly passed out, overwhelmed by the pain of the procedure.

.

Was Shigiraki always a little paranoid? Sure, that came with being a gamer. You never quite trust what the people around you say, what those who claim friendship say behind your back. But this was different.

Dumbass fire NPC had been returned not five minutes ago, and the one who delivered him was lingering a little too long. Their eyes tracing the figures in the room, stopping on each, a shiver running down their spines in turn.

That was unnerving enough. Then they looked right at him. Stared. Took in every detail. They lingered especially on his hands, his fingertips, his-

His quirk.

How did this fucking NPC find them anyways?

Dabi wasn't stupid enough to rat them out. Oddly enough, neither was Toga. Twice was hard enough to get breakfast preferences out of, let alone an address to a place that didn't exist. Kurogiri had been sworn to secrecy by his master.

Whoever this was, they knew how to find the League. Something was not right about them.

Then the mysterious individual lunged, faster than either Kurogiri or Shigiraki could comprehend, their fingers lengthening, sharpening into claws, slicing through the air.

The next moment, Shigiraki was missing his left hand, and the stranger was gone. A note fluttered to the ground, stirred up in their wake.

"You are very interesting. I do hope that you don't choose to be stupid and come after me. Toodloo!"
_____

Hey there friends!

New chapter out now!

It would appear that the newcomer does not side with the LOV.

Guess what else?

Nise really does not like Midorya. The kid is just plain creepy.

545 words