𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳

[𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙚𝙡 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧, 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪]

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗔𝗥 pulled into the driveway of the Fisher's beach house, skillfully dodging the cars that were already parked there. Guinevere looked out the window, a smile growing on her face as the familiar house came into sight. As her mother put the car in park, she paused the Taylor Swift song she was listening to and took out her AirPods.

"Looks like we're here, Gwens." Her mum chuckled, unbuckling her seatbelt and stepping out of the car, immediately going to greet Susannah and Laurel. Guinevere quickly followed, hurrying to get out of the car to see her favourite people again. As soon as she stepped out of the vehicle, there was a pair of arms wrapping around her waist and she was being swept off her feet.

A giggle escaped her lips as she realised who the culprit was. As soon as she was back on land, she swung her arms around the person's neck and hugged them as tightly as she could. "Hey, Gwenny." The boy laughed, his voice muffled by her hair.

"Hi, Jere." She grinned, looking up at the boy. He had grown a lot since the last summer, now towering over the girl he once stood eye to eye with. The girl silently looked him up and down, taking in the boy before her. She heard the boy scoff, drawing her attention back to his face.

"You done checking me out?" He asked, a smirk on his face and a playful tone in his words. The girl simply rolled her eyes and made her way towards the two Conklin siblings and Conrad who were talking to each other, Jeremiah following close behind her.

"Excuse me." Gwen announced, "You aren't gonna come say hi to your favourite person?" The three laughed before coming over to say hello. Isabel was first to reach her, and she grinned as she pulled the younger girl into a bone-crushing hug. "Hey, Belly." She giggled, swaying the two from side to side.

"Hi, Gwen." The girl replied, a matching grin on her face. "I missed you so much," Belly said, pulling away from her. "So much has happened since last summer and I've been dying to tell you." She told her, Gwen smiled, a laugh escaping her lips.

"You always do, Belly. I'm excited to hear about it." She told the girl, before walking over to her older brother, Steven. "Did you miss me?" She asked, earning an unimpressed eye roll, and a matching scoff. The girl giggled before wrapping her arms around him. "I missed you." She muttered.

"I missed you too." The boy replied, returning the hug. The two stood there for a second, silently embracing each other before Gwen let go, smiling up at him and turning towards the oldest Fisher boy.

"Welcome back, Gwen." He smiled, holding his arms out for a hug. The girl broke into a grin and jumped into his arms. Conrad lifted the younger girl into the air and spun them in a circle, making Gwen dissolve into a fit of laughter. Conrad put her back down when Steven spoke up from behind them.

"Hey, hey, guys. I mean, I don't know about you, but I..." He stuttered, pulling up his sleeve as he and Jeremiah pretended to check the time. "Well, I think it's time for a... Belly flop!" He and Jeremiah announced. Belly stood still for a second before in the blink eye she was sprinting, the sounds of her squeals and the boy's laughter filling the once quiet yard.

The 'Belly flop', as Steven and Jeremiah had dubbed it, was a summer tradition. Every year, when everyone had arrived at the beach house and said their hello's, the three boys would pick Belly up and throw her into the pool. It first started when Gwen was ten. After the five had greeted each other, Conrad picked Belly up and instructed Jeremiah and Steven to grab her legs. Then he had led them to the pool and started swinging her back and forth, the boys following his lead. Conrad had then told them to let go of her on three, and that they did, launching the girl into the freezing water. Ever since then, it had been a first day tradition.

Gwen quickly snapped into motion, sprinting towards the back gate to stop Belly from escaping, while the three boys tried to grab her. She watched as the Conklin girl easily slipped out of Steven, Jeremiah, and Conrad's grip, and started sprinting towards her. But before the girl could try and get past Gwen, Conrad grabbed her from behind, as Jeremiah and Steven lifted her legs.

Gwen quickly opened the gate, letting the boys and Belly pass through before following herself. She laughed as the boys carried the younger girl, chants of "Belly flop" coming out of their mouths as they went. The three boys situated themselves at the edge of the pool, swinging Belly back and forth as they counted down from three, throwing her into the pool at three.

The four teens laughed as the youngest landed in the pool, the water from her splash almost spraying them in the process. The girl came back up to the surface, but this time she had a pained expression on her face. "Guys, I hurt my ankle." She told them, a serious tone in her voice. She held her hand out for someone to help her out, and Conrad stepped forward, taking her hand in his. What he didn't realise was that Belly was putting on an act, and as soon as Conrad grabbed her hand she was pulling him into the water with her.

Out of the corner of her eye, Gwen could see Jeremiah and Steven coming up behind her. "I swear to God if you push me in that pool." She said, shaking her head. She heard matching sighs from behind her before an arm was flung around her shoulders.

"We would never do that, Gwen," Jeremiah said, pulling her into his side. The girl hummed in mock agreement before she started walking towards the house. She tuned out Jeremiah and Steven's conversation, something about cheese? as she led them to the back door, finally taking her first steps in her favourite place.

𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗬 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦
i'm so excited to be writing
this because i am so obsessed
with tsitp right now.

i really hope you guys enjoy
reading this book as much
as i enjoyed writing it!!