New Addition

"What do you mean 'Let me come with you'!? We can't just take kids like that!" I said worryingly... we had nothing against Rikku, but taking him with us was judt too risky. Not to mention the fact that finding food or a shelter is not easy at all.

"Please! I want to help!"

"Rikku..." I flatten my ears, I really

"Please! I can help by buying you stuff so you won't have to sneak in or steal! I can also help you guys with pretending to be owned by somebody so no one will question you in public!"

I looked at my favorite redhead in hopes they know what to say in this situation. Nobody has ever wanted to help us, like, ever.

Unfortunately he had no idea either... we didn't want to take him away from everything he knew... I didn't want to take him away from everything he knew. This boy certainly had no idea what he was going to face, I also didn't want to take away the chance to have a loving family away from him... that's a privilege all monsters dream of! Humans confused me a lot back then... and they still do to this day.

"Rikku... we know you have good intentions... but... it's too dangerous... taking you with us will mean putting a bounty on your head and us being wanted by more people... we don't want to take away your life like this... please."

Rikku's twinkle faded away... I felt really bad doing this, my tail curled around him left leg... I don't know why I felt this guilty, but I did. I've never actually said no to a human before... this was such weird experience!

"Please I promise you won't regret it!"

Oh gods, why is it so hard to say no!? It should be easy! N-O it's just two letters!

"..."

Rikku stared at me expectantly... every damn second that passed it felt harder and harder to speak, I looked at the boy and sighed audibly.

"Fine... you can come, but I'm warning you, this is not going to be easy... you might not eat for days on end."

"Okay!" They said weirdly excited.

"I suggest you go pack some clothes and food and whatever you'll need because this might be the last time you ever see your family." Shino said.

Rikku got visibly sad... but that sadness was immediately replaced by determination.

"I'll- I'll go pack my bags, I'll meet you here in around 30 minutes, is that okay?"

We nodded and turned into cats again, in the meantime we took some random trash and made a fake collar and with our little claws we engraved "Lipto" on it, then Shino helped me put it on. So now if anybody saw me they would think I'm just a domestic cat who gets to roam around the neighborhood. Then we were making one for Shino too when Rikku came back.

"I'm back!"

We both greeted Rikku with a meow.

"What are you guys doing?"

Shino grabbed his collar and showed it to him.

"Ohhh! Wait let me help you."

Rikku was much faster than we were at crafting, he then fixed mine so that it would look a lot more realistic and not like trash.

"Wait how did you write that?"

Shino showed Rikku the claws, and Rikku made a "oh".

"So, how do you want to call yourself..."

Shino turned back human. "Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, name's Shino."

"Okay! So, how do you want to call yourself, Shino?"

"Hmm... that's a great question... how about... Volk? It's a common name for red cats where we are from."

"I like that name, Volk!"

"Wait, should I call you guys Shino and Artemis or Volk and Lipto?"

"Call us by our names when there is nobody around and by our fake names when you have to speak to us in public spaces, please."

"Also I think you should come up with a fake name eventually."

I also turned back human, the collar still around my neck, but it was covered by my hoodie.

"Yeah... do you have anything in mind?"

"I don't know... I've never thought of changing my name before... can't I just go by Oscar?"

"Hmm... I suppose you could... but prepare yourself, you might change your name very often..."

"Sure-"

"Anyways, Rikku, it's time to leave this alley."

"Finally-

"Wait, I thought you were supposed to call me Oscar, not Rikku?"

"Only in public areas you should be referred as "Oscar" especially because I think you should be referred by your preferred name and not by your formal name, no?"

"True, so are we going?"

"Oh, I almost forgot! You need to cover your face, the catchers know how you look like."

"And?-"

"You can't show your face! You need a disguise!

"O- oh! Uhm- uhm- I have a troll mask!"

"A what?"

"A troll mask?" Rikku repeated, we were still very... very confused... since when did they kill trolls to make masks?

"The heck is a troll mask?"

"A mask of a troll?"

"You stole that mask from a troll?!" How would even a child steal from a troll?!

"What? No!"

"Then how-"

"I bought it!" Rikku interrupted Shino.

"Where?-"

"At the... shop down the street?"

"A troll manages a shop... in a human society?"

"N- no... not like that- there is a shop that sells lots of things, including this mask I got."

"Oooh, yeah, that makes more sense." Shino said.

"Can we see it?"

"What, the shop or the mask?"

"Both, maybe we can make proper disguises for all of us... especially because these clothes won't last for long, I fear my shirt is going to fall apart soon..."

"Wait, that's a shirt? I thought those were bloody bandages!"

"Enough- let's get going, it's getting cold and I'm hungry." I interrupted, I didn't like this alley... and I feared those catchers could come back.

"Yeah... how fast can you run?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's it! Would you guys like a chapter where I show you their designs?

And, judt like in the original book, they are different from their roleplay counterparts, I hope I got the skin colors right (just for the humans, for the monsters it's on purpose).

World of Monsters (Remake)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें