Bameás

???'s POV:

Today was a very special day for my people, today we celebrate Bameás! It happens on the 22nd of September when our Great Protector comes back from the dead!
On this day we all must wear something with her sacred color, turquoise! Some wear jewelry, some wear only that, and some like me wear it all year round, I try to match my weapon, Phosphorus.

At the moment we were simply preparing the decorations when I heard the flap of wings... and the only winged elves and non-elves were painting the oak leaves...

I went to my friend to see if they knew if we had guests from near-by tribes...

"Hey Kit, do you know who's the winged creature flying towards our village?"

"No... I thought you invited the valkyries to celebrate with us-"

"I did... but they declined because they were celebrating another festivity"

"Oh... so... who's approaching..." Kit mumbled to herself.

"Let's go check I guess." I rolled my eyes, why do people have to botber us on this day? They have 364 more days to do so yet they choose this one, how annoying.

We crossed the barrier and entered the pine forest that hides us from humans.

However... when we entered the forest, the sound of flapping stopped.

At first we were going to split, but we decided it was probably not a good idea.

We walked deeper in the forest when Kit's ears picked on a sound... it was behind us, whoever it was, it was watching us.

They were not as experienced as they thought they were because their wing was visible thanks to the setting sun right behind them.

"We can see you, stop being a coward and show yourself." I ordered, I honestly couldn't care less about being kind at the moment, today was supposed to be a happy, peaceful day, and this... idiot ruined it.

The bird person glided down, they had silver hair tied in a long pigtail, purple eyes and black wings... actually, their ears were also black... interesting. But I was not there to compliment them, I was there to ward them away.

"Oh my gods! It's a pigeon!" Kit said, I couldn't hold my laughter.

The avianoid looked offended, but honestly I couldn't care less.

"I'm not a pigeon! I'm a crow." They said defensively.

"And I'm the queen of humanity." I said rolling my eyes, their purple eyes shining, it is a common thing crows and ravens do, but I don't care, they're still a pigeon.

"I-" They were about to say something but Kit interrupted them.

"Burnt pigeon, what's your name?" The stranger groaned.

"Rian."

"And why are you here? We don't have any seeds." She continued.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny. I'm not here to do anything... I'm just... exploring."

"Okay, bow down to the queen then." I looked at Kit, trying so hard to hold my laughter, I didn't know why I thought it was funny when she referred to me as 'queen'.

"You know what, I'm leaving." Rian flew off in the direction from where they came from.

So we went back to our village, the flyers and non-elves had prepared everything so nicely.

All we had to do was wait for her arrival and the celebrations could start!

So we waited patiently for sunset to happen...

At sunset, a turquoise portal opened up on the center of the stage, a tall, feminine figure stepped out, it was our Great Protector! Everybody cheered.

Her luminous eyes were brighter than any of the stars slowly appearing in the amber sky, there was some sort of blue-ish clouds around her.

I got on the stage and bowed down to her, she smiled.

"Oh, it's been so long since last I've seen my son!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And with that I deliver my least favorite chapter so far, I apologize for not posting in a whole month, but stuff happened and I noticed the book wasn't getting that much attention anymore so I didn't try to force myself to write (hence why this chapter is so short) also- nobody answered my question in an entire month- :(

This chapter is the result of me failing trying to be funny.