Praise the Night

Okay my sweet Coven! I have decided that we are a coven niw and I just adopet you all. So, this it part one of a giant update. Part two will come later today. Fasten your seatbelts, keep hands, legs and arms inside while going on a wild ride. Btw: 15,100K ?!?!?!?! I'm crying out of joy!
_______________________
Caius was moving without making any sounds.
He was one with the shadows and the night. The most feared vampire king was strolling around the many corners, stairs and alleys of the ancient city of Volterra.
When he reached a large abandoned villa at the end of town he sniffed in the air. The smell of rain and something dark and dirty like wet dog fur could be smelled and ... something salty, copperly, warm and - hell was that blood?!
Caius strolled through the former garden that was now nothing but a wild meadow at least. The smell gets stronger near the ruins of the villa. The vampire king moved elegantly up the rotten wooden stairs of the veranda before he entered through the open door. The smell led him deep into the silent villa. Caius found himself in front of stairs made of stone which leads down into a dark hole of a former basement.
The scent was definitely coming from inside.
The vampires saw perfectly in the dark. His cold fingertips brushed over the top staircase. Several small scratches could be seen. Too big for a cat, too small for a dog. The pattern of scratches could be seen to lead inside and outside of the basement and say had been getting bigger. Too big for a giant dog now. Caius whistles into the silent night air.

It sounded like something was moving fast and stumbled over things that could be heard before three young wolves came face to face with an ancient vampire.
The fur would be snowy white if it was washed. The red eyes were a terror like contrast. The rosy nose finally gave them away.
"Ragazza?" He asked. When he saw the wolves shaped back into the three girls he was retrieving he wanted to cry.
Once he had hunted the children of the moon to nearly extinction. And now he had to be in this place.
The girls looked at him with big eyes. Waiting what he would do.
"What are you?" He asked the one question he was mostly afraid of.
The girl to the left was beginning to shape back into her wolve and back.
"Wolves. Yes. Lupo...which kind of lupo?"
Caius wished he had Aro with him. He could read them and tell him. Caius was sitting down, next to them. He watches with them into the night. Waiting for the answers to come.
Suddenly the clouds parted and released the moon. The crescent moon. Caius' view fell on the three wolves that were sitting next to him in the silver moonlight. It takes several hectic views to the moon and the wolves which is shaped happily back into girls and again in to wolves to register that this was the answer.
Children of the moon could only turn into the wolve like beasts under the spell of a full moon. The girls were just shapeshifters.
"You are shapeshifters" he told them with pure relief.
The way the three wolves held their heads told him that he could read to them the phone book of Rome and he would get the same reaction.
A thought came to his mind. What if they were never taught to speak?
The smell of rotting blood got him back to reality. He made his way down the basement to find a pair of teenagers dead. The three young wolves were wagging happily with their tails. One was raising a paw and taped on the dead bodies before chewing on the hand.

"You are hungry" Caius runs his fingers through his hair. He came to the conclusion that it was time to play poker.
He let his fangs grow to their full length, lower to the bodies and rip the throats, wrists, and stomachs open. The wolves were watching him and as soon as he moved back they were at the bodies, licking the blood and eating the raw meat.

When they were finished and only bones were left they moved close to Caius waiting for the next action of him.
The vampire moved to the gardens and the wolves were at his side.
When he would take them with him now, something an innervoice was demanding, he could talk them off as albino Shepherd dogs. And then? Then they would be in a castle full of vampires. Caius pulled his smartphone out of the pocket of his black dress pants with a bitter face.