001 : one and the same

𝓸𝗇𝖾 ▬▬▬ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄(𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌)

(𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌)

𝓸𝗇𝖾 ▬▬▬ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄(𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌)

𝓸𝗇𝖾 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 𝓖ETO SUGURU STARES THROUGH THE GLASS WINDOW. People walk behind him, in front of him — but nothing shakes his attention. With a tilt of his head, he observes.

The gigantic teddy bear rests atop a wooden pink stool, it's inanimate eyes somehow holding more light than Suguru's himself. It doesn't breath, doesn't move, it just exists. Yet, it has more spirit than most sorcerers he knows. He's certain this teddy bear has a soul.

It seems fluffy, the perfect thing to cuddle with. It's stereotypically exactly what it is : a teddy bear. Warm, lively, serene — like the girl who occupies his thoughts and fills his dreams. Haru and a teddy bear, they're one and the same.

Satoru Gojo is talking his ear off when he abruptly realizes that Suguru is no longer next to him. He turns and sees that the other boy has stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, gazing at a window display, with that utterly lost gaze on him that he gets whenever he's looking at a certain soda-loving, sharp-toothed girl.

He sees Suguru barely notice him out of the corner of his eye, when he walks back and stands next to him. Satoru whistles, hands in his pockets, angling his face down his as his eyes peer above his sunglasses to follow Suguru's gaze. "That's a big bear." And then he turns to look at Suguru, taunting smile and all. "Aww, Suguru, didn't know you were looking for a stuffed animal to help you sleep at night."

Suguru bristles on the spot, his intense focus on the lifeless bear dissipating. "S-shut up, I don't want a stuffed animal." He curses himself for falling prey to Satoru's antics right away. He looks away, suddenly blushing. "It just — reminded me of her," he mumbles the sentence but clears his throat right away. "Whatever. Let's go." He moves to continue their walk down the busy street but stops when he sees Satoru is now the one who's focused on the teddy bear.