Chapter 4-Burn

Same outcome of the plan as in the episode. 

Yaz, Ben, Sammy and Kenji scare the dinosaurs away from the watering hole before  Tiff and Mitch arrive. The only difference is that Darius and Brooklyn don't stall them, but let's just pretend it all works out and Tiff and Mitch didn't need stalling at all. 

Now onto this short chapter...

Brooklyn watched Tiff's boat disappear around the bend as she sank to her knees. It was over. No one was going to come rescue them. She'd failed them. Darius had once told her that if something ever happened to him it was up to her to get everyone home. She heard Bumpy's distinct roar and sound of Kenji's motorcycle so Brooklyn stood up and slipped her hands in her pocket. Sammy, Ben, and Yaz came in riding Bumpy and Kenji basically fell off of the motorcycle.

"They got away?" Ben asked, climbing off of Bumpy's back with the others.

"Yeah," Brooklyn sighed. "Sorry guys."

"It's alright," Kenji groaned from the ground. "Least we saved the dinos, right?"

"Yeah, least we managed that?" Yaz playfully punched Ben in the shoulder. Then she looked to Sammy who's attention was elsewhere.

"Is Darius still not awake? Has anyone checked on him lately?" Everyone rushed over to Darius the moment Sammy spoke.

"He's still breathing."

"Yeah, Kenji we can see that, but that doesn't explain why he's still out."

"Ben, Kenji, both of you shut up." Sammy looked at Darius. "It was a big shock to his system, literally."

"I grabbed this med kit from the control room, I think it's time we look at the place he got shocked." Brooklyn suggested.

"Maybe, Ben and I should take care of it?" Kenji jumped in, but Brooklyn quickly put her hand up.

"Have you seen my 'Unboxing the life of paramedic' video? Or done any of the hours of medical training I've done for half of my videos?"

"No."

"Not really my thing, sorry Brookly." Ben shrugged at Kenji.

"Okay, then I have the best training for this. Everyone in agreement?"

"Sounds good to me," Sammy chirps, and Yaz nods her support.

"I guess that makes the most sense," Kenji admits as he helps lay Darius down. Brooklyn lifts Darius' shirt to get a better look at the burn and winces. "Yikes!"

"Yeah, it's a pretty bad one."

"Is he going to be okay?" Sammy looks between Darius and Brooklyn.

"He should be. We just need to clean the wound with some water and then a clean bandage is the best we can do." Kenji grabs his water bottle from the bike and hands it to Brooklyn.

"I haven't taken a sip today, I swear." Brooklyn looks semi-skeptical, but gets to work cleaning the burn anyways.

"Will this be good enough though?" Ben asks, pulling the fresh bandage from the new kit.

"It should be and if it isn't we'll find a solution then." Brooklyn finishes dressing the burn and everyone helps get Darius onto Bumpy's back. Then Kenji, Ben and Darius ride back to their makeshift camp on Bumpy, while the girls take the motorcycle. 

Only one more to go! It will be posted tomorrow, so not a long wait. Thanks for reading!