ᴘʏʀᴏ ᴅʀᴀʙʙʟᴇ - ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ꜱɪɢɴ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ

(Reader is a new merc that knows sign language, fluff ensues)

Theme: Fluff

Requested: ❌

Wc: 0.4k

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I feel like it'd be adorable to have a new merc walk in to the base and of course Pyro's already somewhat excited because hey- new buddy! But then our favorite Pyromaniac visibly gets a little mopey because nobody ever understands what they're trying to say. Sure, they're used to it, but it still kinda sucks that they can't exactly express themselves like they're hoping to.

So you can just imagine their excitement when you, the new merc, slowly attempts to sign to Pyro, asking if they understand sign language. You immediately see them light up, and you're sure the have the widest smile under their mask as they pause for a moment to intake the fact that they can finally be understood.

The adorable way they excitedly wave their hands up and down, then bring their right hand to do the 'yes!' sign.

Imagine little moments where only Pyro and you know what's going on, since you're silently chatting. Letting out inside jokes as everyone's playing cards, maybe even helping eachother out and telling eachother what cards you have.

Engineer catches on quickly- yet he doesn't have the heart to tell you both to "quit cheatin'!"
It's not like there was money on the table anyway.

Imagine the pranks you two could pull, or the silent nights of simply enjoying each other's presence. If something needs to be said, the silence still isn't disrupted.

And this can be seen as platonic or romantic, but;

Imagine the first time they bring up their hand and stick out their thumb, index, and pinky finger. It's casual. They didn't want to go all out and do every sign, so they simply smashed all three letters into one.

I, L and Y. 

With an immediate hug afterwards, and the giddiness of feeling special and appreciated by your favorite Firebug, you quickly copy their sign.

They nuzzle you on the cheek with their mask- which isn't the most comfortable, but you'll accept it nonetheless- you give them a big smile, and look forward to more sweet moments with them. 

July.20.23