5

(Jace)

Me, Clary, Simon, and Isabelle are setting up for Kris and Rose's ceremony. Alec took Mykie and Briar to get Magnus from their loft.

"Okay, I think everything is set up." Clary says taking a step back to look at everything.

"Yeah, I think it is. Simon will you wake them up so they can start getting ready" I say.

"Why can't you do it?" He says.

"Because." I say slowly.

"You know what, I don't feel like arguing with you." He says as he walks away.

(Rose)

I wake up to someone knocking at my door then opening it.

"Rose, you gotta get up." Simon says.

"Nope." I say coving myself in covers.

"But you have your Parbatai ceremony today." He says.

"Good point... I guess I have to get up."
I say standing up on my bed.

We stare at each other for a second. I tilt my head a little.

"Are you going to leave?" I ask.

"Oh, uh.. Yeah. Sorry" He says while leaving.

I sigh and get off my bed. I grab my clothes and get dressed.

(Kris)

After Simon woke me up I got dressed and grabbed a book to read off my bookshelf. I sit and read till someone knocks at my door.

"Hey Kris, are you ready?" Rose says.

"Yeah, hold on a second." I say then I set my book on my night stand and grab my stele.

"Okay, let's go." I say as I walk outside.

We walk down stairs and head to the kitchen. I get out bread and butter.

"Do you want toast?" I ask Rose.

"No, I think I'll just have an apple." She says as she grabs one.

I nod and make my toast.

After we are both done we sit in silence till Jace comes into the kitchen.

"Everything is ready guys." He says smiling.

We walk to the ceremony in the library, the largest room in the institute. When we walk in there are not many people, but they are a significant few.

(I am not going to describe the whole ceremony because... Well... I simply don't want to.)

"Entreat me not to leave thee,
Or return from following after thee
For whither thou goest, I will go,
And where thou lodgest, I will lodge.
Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.
Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried.
The Angel do so to me, and more also,
If aught but death part thee and me." Me and Rose both recite the oath as we draw Parabatai runes on eachother.

After we are done everyone cheers and Rose and I are given tons of hugs. Everybody leaves after a while. Now it is Rose, Me, Mykie, Briar, Clary, and Jace. Alec and Magnus went back to their loft. I think Simon and Isabelle went to Pandemonium.

(Rose)

Wow that was crazy... So many people I didn't know.

"Hey Rose?" Jace says.

"Yeah?" I say.

"We were going to have a picnic up in the green house. Just you, me, Clary, and Kris." He says.

"Okay, wait what about Briar and Mykie?" I ask.

"They were going to visit an old friend of Briar." He says taking me upstairs.

When we get to the greenhouse I am amazed. There are so many flowers and plants.

"Wow, this is so cool." I say is almost a whisper.

"Rose come sit down!" Kris says.

I sit down next to Kris and I am given a sandwich and some other random snacks. We talk and eat till the sun goes down. We sit and look at the green house till it is to dark to see. We go inside. Clary and Jace go to their room and me and Kris talk in Kris's room.

"This is awesome!! I have a Parabatai!" Kris says when we get to her room.

"You know 4 days ago if you would have asked me about having a Parabatai. I would looked at you like you were crazy, I thought I was going to be stuck in that stupid asylum my whole life!" I say laughing and laying down on her bed.

We both laugh and talk for an hour till I leave to go to my room.

(Kris)

I'm so happy! Jace did a great job with planing everything... And yeah Jace did plan everything. Well whatever, sleep is needed.

I change my clothes and go to sleep.

Yeahh... I had a major brainfart at the end of this chapter, so sorry it is shorter.

xxMegan