-+= Chapter One =+-

"I swear I'm not dreaming! I never do, okay? I'm always paying attention, honestly!" I yelled. "Yeah, right. I'm not believin' that for a second! All you ever do is daydream. Noah had to shake you so aggressively yesterday at lunch to get you out of your trance!" Exclaimed Kayla. Kayla is my BEST FRIEND and Noah is our other friend who I have come up with the conclusion that he has completely lost his mind. Everyone thinks I daydream, which I totally don't! (Sometimes I do but anyway!) I do have a lot of fantasies, and many dreams such as becoming a character in my favorite book, or meeting a YouTuber. But that doesn't mean I'm constantly drifting off!

"Well, I gotta get to class so if you gunna continue arguing about how you don't daydream, start that conversation with your teacher when they wake you up." Kayla shut her locker, holding her history book and slowly jogged away to her class. I grabbed my math book and pulled out my math notes as well before walking away. "Well isn't it Ms. Dreamer!" Said Aaron when I tried to open the door to the classroom. "Shut up, Aaron. I don't daydream!" I shot back. "You fell asleep in class last week though..." Lawrence said as he rushed by me to get into class.

"You guys are so delusional!" I yelled at them. "She even has the daydreamer sayings!" Exclaimed Travis, who was also part in Aaron's little group. I clenched my fists and burst into the classroom, slamming the door behind me. Noah (at the back of the class) patted on an empty seat while looking at me. I went and sat down, pulling out my pencil and dropping my books on the desk.

The teacher started talking about math and algebra (I don't keep track of the teachers' names), I was doodling some stuff in the corner of my book. The quick doodle session slowly transformed into a full-blown art session. "Ms. Woods, why are you scribbling so intensely?" I was so focused I didn't even hear him. The notebook was snatched out of my hands and the teacher flipped through the pages. He plopped the book back onto my desk. "You're not going to get anywhere in life drawing, now focus."

After math class

I shoved my books into my locker and grabbed my lunch money. As I was racing through the halls I noticed a new poster on the wall. 

Join Lakewood Middle for the 7th grade Autumn Falls dance!

August 29th, after school program hours.

Hope to see you there!

A dance?

Nobody mentioned anything about a dance! It's August 25th and NOBODY TOLD ME?

I raced to the lunchroom and found where Kayla was sitting, not bothering to get food first. I slammed my hands on the table. "No one told me there was a dance! Kayla, you're the most fashionista girl I know, and you didn't tell me?" I said, out of breath from running. "I didn't know you were interested..." Kayla said and then stopped. "You didn't know I would be interested!? C'mon, Kayla! Why would you think a girl that gets called "daydreamer" every day wouldn't want to go to her first 7th grade dance?" I exclaimed. "I'm sorry, Moriah! It didn't— I was so focused on me because..." She said. "Because what?"

"Because Jordan asked me to the dance." Kayla said.

Jordan

Cutest boy in the school, girls die over him, part of the football team, super smart

And he asked Kayla? AND KAYLA DIDN'T TELL ME THE SCHOOL'S SWEETHEART ASKED HER TO THE DANCE!?!?

"He WHAT!?" I yelled, loud enough for some kids to look at me confusingly. "WHY in the world WOULDN'T YOU TELL ME?"

"I-I didn't even think to tell you." She said shakily. "But did you say yes?" I asked. "Of course I did! Who wouldn't?" She said. "I wouldn't" I quietly muttered to myself. "I'm sorry that I made you mad." Kayla apologized. "Mad? I'm not mad I'm surprised and happy! This is all out of nowhere and I'm just kinda freaking out!" I exclaimed. "I gotta get food now, but after school you gotta tell me the de-tailsss!" I ran off to the lunch line (which was no longer a line) to go get some food, still kind of surprised at the whole situation.