Chapter 17

Took a couple of hours but I finally pulled up to Stepphanos apartment. I nearly got lost since I couldn't read any of the signs. Almost went down the wrong street plenty of times. I lock my car door and grab my main bag. I knock on the door and no answer. I get out my phone. I read back through our text messages in August when he told me he was glad they kept an extra key under the mat. I look around to see who was around. I see nobody in sight only the white snow falling from the sky. I sit my bag down and grab the key from under the mat. Well, he wouldn't want me to freeze my butt off. So I put my bag as a prop in the door and go grab my other bags. I find his room because it's the one that smells like him. I put on someone more comfortable. I pull my diary open. Wow if only Robby could see this place. I can't wait to see Stepphano's face when he sees me here. God thank you for giving me this wonderful opportunity to get to see my soon-to-be husband. Plus I get to meet his sister. She's been clean for a year now. She's the only family he has alive and she means the world to him. Stepphano and Yolanda used to live in Madrid Spain. Youlanda got in trouble with gang life. One day she didn't pay back all the weed and cocaine she stole from the head of the gang. He sent others like a theft in the night and killed their family members. Yolanda and Stepphano were gone when it happened. They got home and saw what they had done. They couldn't get help from the police or stay there, so they came to Barcelona. Honestly, at times I'm upset that everything happened because everything happens for a reason even if we won't know why at times. I worry that they will find them and finish the job. That her selfish actions caused his family to perish. I put my diary up when I hear keys in the door. It must be Stepphano! I thought to myself.

"Wow, I can't believe this is your place, Stepphano," said the mysterious feminine voice. He bought his sister I thought with a smile. She wasn't supposed to be here till tomorrow from the rehab retreat. I slowly walked out of his room.

"Yeah, it sucks 'cause I'm here by myself," he signed. I jump out and say "Not anymore my love!" He stops kissing Rosalie. "Why is she here? I asked in disbelief.

"Juliette, what are you doing here," he questioned letting her go and heading my way. I run into his room and repack my bags. I grab all my bags despite the pain, and struggle. I barge right past him.

"Juliette, can we please talk," he says behind me. I get in my car and lock all my doors as he tries to get in. I press on the gas and zoom off. I drove and began to cry after a mile and stop at a dead-end road. I unbuckled my seat belt. I begin to profusely cry. How could he? I pull myself together and decide to start my journey back home. I drove all through the night. Until finally pulling over to rest.

Morning hits over the horizon and I finally get to the dock. I get out of my car to look at Barcelona grow smaller and smaller behind me. My eyes are red, and I feel sick thanks to the December breeze. It was Christmas morning. Once the boat stops I drive to a local gas station. I go inside and get myself something to drink, and fill up my tank.

Dear diary today is the day. I get back into my car after the gas finishes and ride to the cemetery. I pull over and walk threw the fresh sheet of snow. I then reach Robby J Russell. I get on my knees and cry. "I'm sorry, Robby. If I never met Stepphano you would have still been here. Now look at me crying over your grave. You're never coming back, and it's all because I thought I was in love." I wipe my eyes and sit there talking to his gravestone. Which actually made me happy. I felt as if he were listening to me. "I wish I didn't meet Stepphano. You would still be here. To think he was the one I was going to marry, but while I was gone he wasn't loyal but I spent all my time remaining loyal to him." I cried looking down at my hands as I fumble my thumbs.

I then get up and head back to my car. I slowly turn my car on. "I'm sorry Robby," I drive out of the cemetery and turn on my phone. 45 missed calls. I check and see who it was. Of course, the majority of them are from Stepphano along with text messages. I also have missed calls from Mom and Dad. I call home.

"Hello, Mom, you were right Stepphano didn't love me," I burst out crying.

"Where are you," she says calmly.

I'm with Robby," I said as we both fell quiet and I cried. "I'll be home when I'm ready. I love you bye." We both hand up. I continue to just drive around until I stopped at the stop light, and wait for it to change colors. New Message. I throw my phone into the glove compartment. I put my head on the steering wheel. When a burst of force hits me from the side. I feel my car flip 3 times and stops on the top of the car. I blink and can see glass scattered from the windshield being crushed. I feel blood dripping from my face. My head is throbbing. I close my eyes and feel the pain. I open them again trying to focus everything is upside down, and I can feel myself unable to stay awake.